Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Business Strike or Satin Finish?

Looks satin finished to me. My experience tells me that business strikes appear much smoother and darker in pictures. The 2009-P's appear to be satin finish coins as well.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has the SF look, but boy is it sure beat up like a business strike. Most of the SF coins are grading 67 and up. I didnt even know those had left the mint yet.
  • FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Don't pull the trigger on it. To me it looks too much like a SF coin without the designation.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Looks like Someone bought a SF roll of nickels and had it graded.
    You can see the nicks on the Satin Finish around the face.
    If im wrong, I do apologize to the company selling it
    If im right-------for shame to even put it on the market and not send it back.

BILL
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the seller used to sell a lot of Accugrade items?
    And we know how accurate those grades where.
  • DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    The guy seems to be a good dealer from previous business transactions. That would be a shame but I would be real careful before you point your figure at him. I know, how about if you ask him if NGC had made a mistake with the designation. I do remember a board member making the same comment on a coin he had for sale a few months ago as well................hmm what was it?
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "NGC FINEST REGISTRY COINS ARE 2 TOO 40 TIMES RARER THAN COMPARABLE PCGS COINS FROM 1960 TO PRESENT IN 90% OF THE TIME. IT WOULD MAKE ECONOMIC SINCE TO STAY WITH NGC FINEST REGISTRY WHEN PUTTING A SET TOGETHER"

???

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.