Home Precious Metals
Options

Shipping time on UHR Double Eagle

I must be spending too mcuh time with you guys,image but I did like the look of the $20 UHR and purchased one the other day, is this something I'm going to have to wait months to get? thanks

Comments

• Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    With three hours left before they cut-off sales, I ordered a UHR.. I've been wrestling with this decision since January (when I should've bought it for a couple hundred $ less..)..

As I was placing the order on the Mint's Web site, I got to the check-out page, and called their order line and asked how long it'd take to ship.. the {{Jerry Lewis voice}}.. NICE LADY told me "one to two weeks".. then, because it's an >$300.00 purchase, the $4.95 shipping charge is automatically upgraded (at no extra cost).. to the $17.90 expedited / overnight / strap it to a rabbit instead of a turtle / you gotta sign for it, direct to yer door UPS method.. but you probably know that anyway..

I'll just hit the lotto or sell a kidney or something.. I am slightly nauseated at what this ounce of Gold cost me.. but I'd rather buy one sealed from The Mint, while I still had the chance, than to be at the mercy of eBay sellers or coin dealers (no offense to any coin dealers)..

To slab or not to slab is the next question.. since my PCGS Club membership has lapsed, and I'm automatically an 'across the street' Club member by being an ANA member, I MIGHT take it to the February Long Beach show and let them slab it.. I saw where one eBay seller custom makes and sells a replacement wood platform for the UHR's box, to accomodate the coin when it's in an across the street slab.. or.. I might just leave it raw as it comes from The Mint and take it out once in a while and admire it and have sex with it..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I just bought my second one at 1 PM today. Its is history now from the mint. I was debating also whether to get another one. My first one was a 69 so hoping this one will be a 70.
  • Options
    Yup.. they just put up the "Sold Out" sign.. so that's that..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup.. they just put up the "Sold Out" sign.. so that's that.. >>

Dat is dat!

I do not regret my UHR, particularly the final one as it is PROOF LIKE to the max and I keep it close to admire the beauty!

Good luck Hrlaser.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the final mintage is.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Miles.. I've seen some slabbed by NGC labelled "ProofLike" for sale on eBay.. but I haven't been following these all year.. obviously, buying one on the last day they were sold isn't gonna get me any FS or ER type label.. so if I give it to anybody to slab, I'll give it to them and maybe it'll get their PL designation.. and I don't really know what it takes to get that, because although I've seen some at a show, I haven't actually held any in my hand to compare what a PL-labelled one looks like, compared to one that doesn't get that designation..

Perry.. as of last week's NN "Mint Stats" that Dave Harper writes.. sales of the UHR were just above 110,000.. hardly a modern rarity, but considering the price, I'm kinda surprised they sold that many.. then again, considering it's a one-year-only coin, maybe it shouldn't be surprising.. I wonder if there was a last minute flurry of fence-sitters, like me, who bought them today.. I guess we'll find out when he publishes his column next week..

Last question directed at anyone who knows the facts..

I've read this and that about a Palladium UHR in 2010.. is this nailed down yet?.. I read in one of these bajillion threads that the Palladium version was *only* going to be sold paired with the Gold version, and not by itself.. BUT.. if the Gold UHR is a 2009 coin only, and today was the last day of sales, how can they pair it with a 2010 Palladium version and sell it in 2010?.. Does the authorizing legislation allow them to sell 2009-dated UHRs in 2010, i.e., leftovers?.. {{confused look}}..

• Options
    Hrlaser,

A good photo comparison the the PL and Standard NGC MS can be found at ModernCoinMart.com as they have large photos of both in the 69 and 70 grades.

Miles
  • Options
    Miles.. Thanks.. I'll go take a look..

Did you see the mountain of coins MCM put on eBay?.. Good grief.. he blasted out an ad about them yesterday..

The most wallet-busting one is probably..

Link

Started at $0.99.. currently at $10,200.00 as I type this, with a day to go.. not too shabby for a coin that was basically a "gift" from The Mint fifteen years ago..
    That's a serious chunk'o'change for an ounce of Silver that looks like every other Proof ASE (except the Reverse Proof, which I think should sell for a lot more than it does).. with a Mintage of 30,000, it really makes me wonder why the 2008 Reverse of 2007 ASEs aren't selling for four figures, with a Mint-admitted (FOIA response).. Mintage of just over 46,000..

If the 1995-W is the "King" of Silver Eagles.. the 2008/07 is Shirley the Queen.. so I have to keep asking myself, why are they only fetching a tiny fraction of the price of a 1995-W..
  • Options
    Yes, that 1995 has two or three bidders going to war over what I can't understand is the market value??

Still love the 2008/2007 as the "Queen" Hrlaser. She does rule, after all, anyway.

Miles