Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Huge Lot Heritage Chrome ! ! on the bay

I missed winning many a 'bay auction to this buyer.
Look at this big assembly of Heritage chromes he is selling

Topps HERITAGE MASTER CHROME LOT OF 2120 DIFFERENT HUGE
#553-560,1954-1960 missing #285,140 BLACKS 3 #/552

http://cgi.ebay.com/Topps-HERITAGE-MASTER-CHROME-LOT-OF-2120-DIFFERENT-HUGE_W0QQitemZ280399762757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item414920d545

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I doubt he'll get what he's asking.
  • First time I've seen any mention about the Kinsler chrome variation for 2009.
  • Really cool lot and I'd be interested but that price is just silly (and yes that is my opinion! you are free to have your own).
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Could be only 15 or so chrome on top of regular cards...

...probably not, I bet it is accurate, but for 10k I'd offer more pictures...

...personally I'd rather buy a '51 or '52 Mantle

wonder how much chrome he has on and in his car

• << <i>Really cool lot and I'd be interested but that price is just silly (and yes that is my opinion! you are free to have your own). >>

Dude, he offers free shipping.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    We can all dream big
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I have dealt and spoken with Mark (akroncardfan) many times. He is not a whale by any stretch but he is a chrome nut for sure - he has the desire to have the #1 and the final serial # for each set, so he buys lots looking for those particular serial numbers. if anyone has any, email him and he'll offer a nice penny for it.

I agree there just isn't the demand for the chrome heritage stuff, outside of 2001. I've got several hundred extras post 2002, and I'd be happy to get a buck a piece for them. This is not spam, i'm just saying that is what you should be happy to sell them for these days. refractors maybe you can get 2-3 for them, and blacks, well, thats really a crapshoot, but anywhere from 10 to 30 a piece unless its superstars. Complete refractor sets (~400), complete chrome sets (~130). So extrapolate that, its probably a nice $3-4k lot.