Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Poll: Completing the Presidential Dollar full variety set...would it be fun...or a nightmare?

Poll: Completing the Presidential Dollar full variety set...would it be fun...or...a nightmare?
Link to set composition

I have no plans to collect the varieties. Just wondering what the poll results are.

Also, just another random question. I remember when I was a kid in 1990 and error baseball cards were the rage. I think it was accepted as truth that the card companies made all those errors on purpose. Do you think the mint could be up to the same thing?

EDIT:I guess you can't create a poll in the registry forum. (Or I just screwed up). Moved to the coin forum.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin asked for advice on this subject a year or so ago. I told him that as a 17 year old kid... don't bite off more than you can chew. Stick to the lovely Pos A/B business strikes - a set that will have 160 or so coins in it without even including the other varieties (and maybe 300+ coins if he actively pursues the Satin Finish coins as well)! Isn't a 300 coin set plenty of coins to chase without the added "varieties" which could, in theory, add on hundreds more? I think he made the right choice by listening to me, but, I do admire those collectors who want to take on the 500+ coin challenge!!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    It's both.

The fun is that it changes all the time.
    It is an interesting series and The complete sets with all of the varieties being introduced makes for an interesting set.

It is interesting to see that 2007 had Tons of varieties, 2008 very few and 2009 is making a come back play.

When I started the set....I really had NO idea that we would have had so many coins in the set.
    In the beginning it was not known we would have A & B....Then the Washington MELS's came, then the Adams Doubled edges, then the Weak & Partial Edge Jeffersons ...The rest is history!