Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Another Polo Grounds type of seller on ebay

It may or may not be widely known but the dealer Polo Grounds (goes by Blcrows on the bay) or something close to that has a business model of buying graded 6s and 7s on ebay and cracking them out and describing them as Nm/MT at shows with a hefty price tag. They are entitled to do whatever they want. Recently, while browsing ebay I came across an interesting seller of raw cards with many stars where the scans looked pretty good and the grading by the seller looked pretty accurate from what you could see. The seller also had 100% feedback. Out of curiosity I pulled up cards that the seller had bid on in the past month. Very Interesting....many of the raw cards he is selling advertised as Nm or better once lived in holders from various grading companies in lesser grades. Once again...nothing illegal and similar to some of the "Set Break artists" in which you have overgraded cards or cards with minor issues ie..Klinger,Waverly. Anyways the ebay ID mentioned is Fayevor4u and just want to give any buyers the heads up in case they run across this ebayer with hopes of buying and getting 8s and 9s.

Comments

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Good catch!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Bought several cards a few years back from PG that came back ungraded from PSA. Not saying they did it, just saying.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i> Once again...nothing illegal and similar to some of the "Set Break artists" in which you have overgraded cards or cards with minor issues ie..Klinger,Waverly. Anyways the ebay ID mentioned is Fayevor4u and just want to give any buyers the heads up in case they run across this ebayer with hopes of buying and getting 8s and 9s. >>

OK, I guess I dodged a small bullet. I decided to pass on grabbing some ungraded. but well-represented cards from klinger just this past week.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Klinger is an outstanding ebayer with great customer service and used to be a great raw card source for getting high grades but not anymore as he has chosen to grade out his set breaks. More power to him. Just tough to look at his remaining raw descriptions of NM/MT cards that he says"looks like a solid 8" when he knows darn well its not. Waverly is entirely another story that has been beat to death already.
  • I've bought a few raw cards from Klinger with no problems. Seems to be pretty accurate with his grading. Waverly might over grade by a hair, but still usually pretty close.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak