Home Stamps Forum
Options

The Risvold Auction

Below is a link for the sale of a collection of a dear friend and client for nearly 40 years.
Risvold Sale

A tribute is on my website below:
Here

This is postal history as well as history through the mails.
Richard Frajola
www.rfrajola.com

Comments

• Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Below is a link for the sale of a collection of a dear friend and client for nearly 40 years.
    Risvold Sale

A tribute is on my website below:
    Here

This is postal histrory as well as histrory through the mails. >>

WOW!!
  • Options
    Bump - If you haven't seen this collection, you should take a look.

In my opinion the finest United States postal history, and history through the mails collection, sold in my lifetime.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Some incredible stuff, would be nice to be able to afford the postal history items you guys collect (in top condition)
  • Options
    Zac - Postal History collecting doesn't have to be expensive. Further, with postal history you get more "bang" for the buck if you count play time value of your money. With a stamp, you mount it in your collection, or throw a slab in a box, and spend time only fretting about the value change (mostly plunge recently). With a postal history artifact, you can research the sender, or addressee of the cover, the route the cover took, the markings on the cover and the stamp if it has one.

I have spend days working on a single cover trying to understand all of the aspects.

(insert smiley face here)
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    I have "tons" of covers, but I'm way too interested in EVERYTHING I come across, so I could narrow to one thing other than looking for 279B varieties on cover which I have done for years. Ultimately it seems the more valuable/expensive items garner the most interest by the most collectors, in the long run.
  • Options
    Richard,

Hopefully, you will be able to check in with a report or two.

I have a couple of bids placed, but I don't think they will stand.

• Options
    Looking at the prices realized is just plain stunning!image
  • Options
    Just back home after the sale ... Total $7m with wild competion. Best auction I have ever attended!
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    That doesn't surprise me. I bid 150% of the HIGH estimate on several lots and did not come close!image
  • Options
    ttt