Home Autographs Forum
Options

What does the term FS mean ?

Hello fellow members , a quick question im hoping somebody can help me with.What exactly would you take this to mean in an auction ?

Team Signed Autographed FS Football

Bearing in mind the description.

All of my autographs have been personally signed by the player during the Hall Of Fame Events In Canton, Ohio and the I-X Center during the Sports Card Shows Plus Training camp. Also some stuff comes through dealers buying and trading at Shows or Card Shops.Autographed items comes with a Coa. Packages will come with tracking and insurance. All items have 14 day return policy.

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could mean "full sized", as opposed to a "mini" football.

I've seen "FS" used to describe "full sized" helmets, so I suppose it could also be used for footballs.

Edited to add:

I guess an unscrupulous seller could also use the term to hide the fact that the ball is actually "facsimile signed", so I'd be sure to rule out that theory before bidding. Looking at the seller's description in your post though, would seem to rule this out. You can never be too sure though.

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks Steve , thats exactly what i was worried about , the facsimile thought.Sure enough you were spot on Sir , it meant full size.

My item

Can i ask your thoughts on this seller please ? I got the item very quickly and wouldnt know if its genuine or not , i can only go by feedback which in fairness looks sterling.
    However using the toolhaus feedback locater tool the early feedback for this seller was one of the worst ive ever seen , he was selling other items at this point , since the autographs started he doesnt appear to have been faulted even once.

There is a nearby sports dealership which sells autographed items , im hoping they might take a look at it as if it is id like a glass case for it.One autograph in particular worries me , John McNabbs , i googled examples which even from early days remained constant , if its on this ball as claimed i dont see it , also theres a signature right across Wilson so i cant begin to tell whos that might have been.In all fairness i havnt sat down and studied it which is something ill have to do.I sure would appreciate thoughts.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't have a clue on that Eagles ball you got. I can't read any of the autographs, to be able to tell who they are.

I looked at a few of the seller's items from his feedback page. Going by items he received feedback for in just the last couple days, I don't know that I like the "smeared" Roger Staubach autographed football. I also looked at his San Diego Chargers football and can't decipher any of the autographs on it either. He says Tomlinson, Gates and Rivers are on it. I know their autographs fairly well, and they are not visible in the scans he provided.

Another thing I don't like is that the seller doesn't provide a particular year for each ball...he just says "Philadelphia Eagles signed ball" or "San Diego Chargers signed ball". What season's roster is reflected in the signatures on each item? There's really no way to tell.

Like I said, I'm probably not a good one to ask for advice on the Eagles ball, but based on these other items, I'd be pretty wary.

If I were you, I'd take the ball to someone you trust, who knows Eagle autographs, and see what they say. At the least, you might consider asking your question over on the Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum here on CU. There are plenty of Eagles fans there who might be able to assist. In all honesty, the Autograph Forum is pretty dead as far as people looking here goes.

Good Luck!

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks Steve , i really appreciate that.The eagles ball was listed as 09 team , the coa also says 09 , i think what ill do is get some good photos and hope the guys on the board you suggest can assist , i was wary but keep thinking all the feedback he has is autographs , and not one neg ..it only takes one to end the whole thing for the seller , there isnt one.
    Thanks again for your help Steve