Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1978 Topps football

I have a 1978 Topps football set that is NM-MT with some cards probably able to attain PSA 9 status. Would it be worthwhile to submit the low pop cards for grading and take my chances or sell the set as a whole ungraded??? Noticed that several cards have pops less than 10 which I would consider low pops...would like the football experts to give me their opinions. thanks in advance. al.

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    The commons don't command a load of $$$. $40 maybe $50 for pop 2 or 3. The cards are plentiful and the demand is not there. No one has updated their set in the past couple of weeks, no one.

I paid $10 for many of my PSA 10 Packer cards from this year (Johnnie Gray, Marcol, Barty Smith). Also, only paid $4 shipped for all of my PSA 9's
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The commons don't command a load of $$$. $40 maybe $50 for pop 2 or 3. The cards are plentiful and the demand is not there. No one has updated their set in the past couple of weeks, no one.

I paid $10 for many of my PSA 10 Packer cards from this year (Johnnie Gray, Marcol, Barty Smith). Also, only paid $4 shipped for all of my PSA 9's >>

thanks for the info....maybe I'll just have some graded and if results are good pursue the set myself.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    alnavman
    I am with Favrefan on this one. I think you could sell the set for good money in that condition raw. You also just might keep it for a later date. PSA might have a big special this year where it would make sense to send the set in at one time.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know they ran specials where you can submit an entire set...do they give discounted grading fees in those instances?? To be honest I didn't even know I still had the set until this week. I've been going thru some of my basement "junk" and it was in one of my cabinets, in plastic looking awesome. Whatever I decide it won't be until after the first of the year.....thanks again everyone for your advice. al.