Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB - bulk world coins

Well, my 8 year old son floored me this week by asking for a bag of world coins to look through. He had marginally showed interest in numismatics over the past couple of years, but over the past couple of months his interest has started to take off. With the holidays, his timing might be perfect (if it is not too late).

Could anybody offer up some recommendations on a small sachel of coins that I could buy with a decent mix of 19th & 20th century coins? I'm looking for interesting variety more than anything else so we can spend time sorting through it over the holidays and perhaps starting a OFEC collection. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Brent

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send a PM to lordmarcovan. He may be able to hook you up.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    What are his interests so far? Is he interested in heritage (ie: where his ancestors are from), interested in a certain design (animals, ships, etc), or just like shiny bullion?
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ajaan - PM sent to Rob.

Mike - he is in a preliminary stage of fascination with the variety of pieces and designs across the world. Heritage might come down the road, but he is nowhere near that stage yet. I thought we might start with a mixed bag to work on some geagraphy and try to start building a One From Each Country set.