Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

New Walker registry set maybe?

What about creating a new early set for Walkers? Think PCGS would ever create one? Why haven't they already? I'm sure there's a reason, isn't there?

*ed.-edit title to include subject series

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason for the short late sets is for collectors that can't afford the early dates. So, if you can afford the early dates why not do the whole set?

JMHO
  • It's also for collectors who don't want to deal with all the modern stuff and never be able to complete
    a set because there's a new one out every year.

I try to stay in the silver content series which keeps me from messing with anything past 1964.

Thankfully image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • I've just been wondering about the early Walker set and why there isn't one. I haven't been around as long as some of you to know this answer if there is one.

DIMEMAN - "So, if you can afford the early dates why not do the whole set?"

I do have the whole set. I've been wondering about just keeping the '16-'34S, '38D, and some of the rest to make a date set. I don't know that selling off the extras would really gain me much dollar-wise, so I haven't messed with my complete set, yet. There's a strong possibility that I'll narrow it down to just a date set, period, none of the extra early dates, just the keys and semi-keys in the early group. I'm sure most of the Walker crowd knows just how scarce and how pricey the scarcer early dates can be in this series, not to mention the keys.

What collecting tacts have some of you other Walker guys taken?