Home Precious Metals
Options

Picked up some free silver yesterday.

DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
A 1956 dime I got in change at my local cafe. image

Anybody else gotten any silver in change lately?

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Got a silver dime from a vending machine about a year ago.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 1964 quarter in change at Cinnabon 2 weekends ago. As she put the 4 or 5 coins of change in my hand I heard the difference right away.

Mmmm Cinnabon.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    In 500 years, that silver dime might pay

for a new car.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>In 500 years, that silver dime might pay

for a new personal teleportation unit. >>

"YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    It is tought to find dimes and quarters compared to Silver halves, I've only found 3 Silver dimes and 4 Silver quarters searching rolls or getting change over the years but have found over 800-40% halves and nearly 300 90% halves.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I can't believe this but I just returned home from the gas station where I picked up a 20 oz sunkist. 30 seconds ago while reading the forum here I pulled the change out of my pocket, 1957 dime. I couldn't believe it given this thread was just started lol. Last silver I received was in a coke machine at Kroger's last summer, Actually I received a silver quarter from the machine and another from inside the store that day.

I also won $28 on the two scratch offs I purchased. image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice timing, Agblox. image