Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Early Lincoln Comparison Excel Sheet (compare any two sets)

Here is the latest release of my Lincoln Comparison Excel Sheet. Here are the Features:

FIRST, I would like to that all of the people that make their sets visible. I really enjoy looking at them.

Has all visible sets in the list

Has the new weights and new RB/RD bonuses

Let's you compare any two sets (look all the way to the right of the sheet, columns BM, BN just change the "yellow" numbers in those columns). Shows which set has better coin for each individual coin and the additional points that this coin gets

Gives the score if these two compared sets are combined

Recalculates the rankings when you add new coins to the sheet

Highlights finest known and one less than finest known in each set (aqua and light aqua shading)

NOTE, PCGS has the "finest known set" as 69.02, I only calculate it as 69.01 (I am missing 1 point, if anyone can find this point, PM me)

Available at:

Get it here

Comments

• Paul,

AWESOMEimage Great job. Its nice to see the sets side by side.

Thanks for your many hours of work.

Rich
  • dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    That is an excellent product Paul. Might want to add a few instructions so folks don't mess up your work (like only add & delete coins in your regular column, not the end column).

And for all your work, you can have the missing .01 and add it to your set! Take care, Dave
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Waaaaaa, I can not download it.....Tried three times now, it will not work....HELP....lol.

Ray
    oops, got it right after I wined about not getting it...lol. I had to right click on it. Opened in a new window and there it was, then I just saved it to my hard drive.

By the way, I bow to the Excell GOD!!!!

One question....To keep it updated we will have to review the sets periodicly and change everyones updates correct?

Let me know, I don't want this one to fall behind.

Also, you just volenteered to be the new Excell maker guy...lol.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,
    Ray
    Holy nutsuckle!

Am I seeing this right? I currently have itopen on your server (Or where ever you have it saved) and as we update it, it will stay without me having to update everyones set every day?

This is scary...

My knees are weak...

I need to be alone for a few minutes...
    Ray
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    All I get is a page of 00000's ??

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Good point Dave. The ONLY things that ANYONE needs to change are the grades of the coins themselves (and only in the left half, do NOT change the coins in the right half for the comparisons, they are calculated) and the two numbers in the yellow boxes on the right (these determine which two sets to compare).

If anyone is having trouble downloading, just send an email to pjpanaro@yahoo.com and I will email you a copy.

My version at home gets updated "semi" automatic. I didn't post that version just because it would cause too much confusion. I will post updated every so often.

What does get updated is the "new rank". If you add coins to your set (or anyone's), then your score gets recalculated. It then determines if your rank changed and if it did, what is the new rank)

Any questoins, feel free to email me.

Also, there is now a zipped version up there (300K vs 3M)

-pjp
    Has anyone found the error I have in the "finest known" column? I think I am missing a point. My guess is it is probably a weight 1 coin that I have as a 67 and someone recently found a 68
  • sog,

Great work comparing the sets. I tried doing something similar to that for 5 Modern sets with 57 coins and gave up very early on in the process. Keep up the good work.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Online Pop Report shows a 1909VDB in MS68RD.

David
  • To the top! Don't want this great resource to get thrown into the archived messages!
    I will be updating this any day now. I know, I know, I have been saying that, but Easter Sunday was also my mother's 70th birthday, so things have been crazy here, and that new set at #4 messed things up a bit
  • Hey, wait a few days before you update it, I'm going to post a few new coins which should bump me up six notches. image