Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2010 £2 Silver Britannias

Hey everybody.... I placed the order the other day and I should receive the coins on or before 2/5/2010.

I will be submitting several to NGC also, so let me know if you are interested in a certified version and how much you would offer for a coin in the MS67 - MS70(wishfull thinking) range.

I will be shipping, once they arrive, in a first paid, first shipped order.

I have updated the thread here with prices. First post.

My prices are more than competitive, especially when compared to the UK mint's prices. About $50 ea.

I wish that I could have had gotten better prices, like last year, but with silver on the rise and the USD on the way down, this was the best I could do.
Buying £2 Britannias

Comments

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    You can put me down for one. image
  • Options
    I'll take one as well.
    Thanks!
    Jim
  • Options
    I'd be interested in getting one. Thanks!
  • Options
    Put me down for three please
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    6 so far... ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'm really missing that favorable dollar/pound exchange rate and low silver prices we had last year. image Please put me down for three this year.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    9 so far....ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    I will take 5.
  • Options
    I'll buy 1 UNC.

• Options
    20 so far...ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2 this year.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    I will also take two for sure. Makes a lot of sense to do it this way.

regards,

Reveries
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Put me down for 5 please.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Put me down for a couple. Thanks!
    Successful BST transactions with: gsa1fan, Coll3ctor, SNMAN, tychojoe, Hyperion, Littletweed, AgBlox, Robb, Steve27, ajbauman, kalshacon, tydye, gdavis70, 1jester, mrmojorisin, bestmr, guitarwes, PerryHall, mhammerman, DGJohn and DNADave.
  • Options
    31... looking good! I'm hoping that the silver price will keep falling and the USD will keep up the recent rally (I know it is short term, but every little bit helps)!!

Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    great to see so many collectors supporting our Brittish economy - these days everything welcome image not quite as bad yet, do not need food parcels but start saving anything is possible in todays world

br
    A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass
  • Options
    Here is something off-topic but interesting.

I was watching a movie yesterday with the wife and I saw a preview for a movie called "In Rome."

In the preview there is a scene where a silver £2 Britannia goes into a fountain in Rome. I could see the front of the coin, but wasn't able to see what year it was because the clip didn't show a full rotation of the coin.

First I thought "how cool, it is my favorite silver coin series in a movie!"

Then I thought "what the hell was somebody thinking to throw a valueable coin like that in fountain!"

Anyways...
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    I will take at least 2. Please let me know when you have them!!!
  • Options
    I have placed the order with the mint and they are telling me that it should arrive in about 3 weeks.

I will update this thread with the costs once I know for sure how much it will cost me, with fx fees, shipping, etc...

I will also be submitting about 10 or 20 to NGC for slabbing, for any of you that are interested in the slabbed version.

Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I would like 3 please.

chris
  • Options
    Hey everybody.... I placed the order the other day and I should receive the coins on or before 2/5/2010.

I will be submitting several to NGC also, so let me know if you are interested in a certified version and how much you would offer for a coin in the MS67 - MS70(wishfull thinking) range.

I will be shipping, once they arrive, in a first paid, first shipped order.

I have updated the thread here with prices. First post.

My prices are more than competitive, especially when compared to the UK mint's prices. About $50 ea.

I wish that I could have had gotten better prices, like last year, but with silver on the rise and the USD on the way down, this was the best I could do.

Also edited 1st post on the thread.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    I heard from the mint today and I should have them by this Saturday (1/30/2010) so I should get them shipped out by Monday.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Awesome - take a couple of pics of the packaging for me, will ya?
  • Options
    Everybody that has paid for their 2010 Britannias should receive them shortly, they will be mailed today.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    ttt
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Got mine last night. Wonderful! Thanks again for organizing. Please do it again in 2011!
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Glad I could do it!

I plan on doing it for 2011 as well.

I also plan on getting a few of the 2010 proofs when they come out about Jun, so please let me know if anybody would be interested in the 2010 proofs as well.

Still have them available for those of you who are interested.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    I got mine today, thanks for doing this Andy- it's much appreciated!
    Looking forward to next year.
    Jim
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I got mine today also. Thanks for getting these Biritannias for us! image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Mine arrived today. Thanks again for making these available!

Is it just me, or does it look like a different finish was used for the Queen's portrait than on previous BU Britannias? It looks like more of a matte finish this year. I like it; it doesn't show wear as readily as the polished versions of years past.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it just me, or does it look like a different finish was used for the Queen's portrait than on previous BU Britannias? It looks like more of a matte finish this year. I like it; it doesn't show wear as readily as the polished versions of years past. >>

I had the same observation, these coins do have more of a matte finish this year.

BTW...I've got some the NGC MS69 versions of these now and they are listed on my FS thread
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    What's not to love about Britannia- she rules!

Thanks again Andy,
    Jim