Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA slabbing question - why card sleeves inside the holder?

As I work on building my 1970 set (in progress), I noticed that one of the cards I have bought is in a card sleeve inside the holder. (A) why would they do that? and (B) is it purely an accident?
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    So the card doesnt slide around inside the holder.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Didn't realize there was THAT much variation in the size of untrimmed cards. :-)

It sure makes the card display badly.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I have a '66 Topps Schoendienst like that. I agree, it doesn't look good.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Although with a mug like Red's, maybe a little obscuring is a good thing. :-)
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it has nothing to do with the size of the card and is simply the

slab that was used. I too had one or two 1965 Topps cards with that slab.

It is supposed to be for smaller cards so they don't move around but occasionally

they use the 'condom'

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It is supposed to be for smaller cards so they don't move around but occasionally
    they use the 'condom' Steve >>

D@MN ... If TIGER doesn't use one why does PSA have to? LMAO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.