1973-D MS65

Looks like free shipping...

and

These will sell at this auction.image

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch on the MS67!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Fuddernutter me...

Silver Dollar 1971S Silver PCGS 67 - Your Consignment $200.00

Silver Dollar 1972 Type 1 PCGS 65 Toned - Your Consignment $120.00

Silver Dollar 1972 Type 3 PCGS 65 Toned - Your Consignment $85.00

Silver Dollar 1973D PCGS 65 - Your Consignment $21.00

Sales Subtotal: $426.00
    Seller's Fee: $37.40
    Buyback Fee: $0.00
    Net Sales: $388.60
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know zip about Ikes. Were these results bad?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That '73-D was a major steal.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just another example of the risks of no-reserve auctions. Sometimes they work, but many times they don't IMHO.

This is also another example of the great deals that can be had on Teletrade for someone with knowledge.

Sorry to the OP for the result.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Will we see a rapid price drop in the PCGS Price Guide based on these Teletrade auction results as we've seen with "other" coinsimage

Probably not !!!!

Silver Dollar 1971S Silver PCGS 67 - Your Consignment $200.00 Current Guide Price $400.00

Silver Dollar 1972 Type 1 PCGS 65 Toned - Your Consignment $120.00 Current Guide Price $350.00

Silver Dollar 1972 Type 3 PCGS 65 Toned - Your Consignment $85.00 Current Guide Price $210.00

Silver Dollar 1973D PCGS 65 - Your Consignment $21.00 Current Guide Price $90.00

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know zip about Ikes. Were these results bad? >>

Each and every sale was a true RIP!

The 1971-S in MS67 typically draws $300+

The 1972 T1 should have brought $150 and the Type 3 should have brought $100 to $150.
    Both coins looked very nice for the grade!

The 73-D! I would have gladly thrown a $35 bid up for that sucker if I'd only paid attention to the clock!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    buyers fees and shipping bump up cost to buyers on less expensive items

That $21 IKE would cost me closer to $40 if that was only item I won

and that is what usually happens to me - I put in bids on 3-6 and I end up getiing 1-2
  • Options
    I would hope the Price Guide would not drop to the Teletrade sales levels, as IMHO, the coins are worth substantially more than the TT prices.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I don't understand why a seller would not offer such coins to the board before sending them off to auction. At a reasonable price each respective person saves a seller and buyer fee.
  • Options
    Ed: Things go high and things go low over on Teletrade (and other internet auctions as well). If you know your series, you can do quite well over their buying coins (IMHO). If you catch (2) people wanting your coin, you can also do well selling over there. If you sell with no reserve (in nearly any auction), however, IMHO you can get "killed".

Wondercoin

• Options

<< <i>I don't understand why a seller would not offer such coins to the board before sending them off to auction. At a reasonable price each respective person saves a seller and buyer fee. >>

I believe they were offered on the BST forum several times in the recent past
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    Just checked the guide and no adjustment downward made. Guess the quick to drop the guide prices on "Select" coins and not for "others" is still in effect
  • Options
    Mas: If you believe these Ike prices should drop, send an email to the Price guide editor pointing out the fact that "this went down in this series and this didn't go down in that series". JH works feverishly to move prices in all of the modern series. I am often contacted to answer any questions JH might have in a variety of coin series. But, not all. I have been asked about Ikes just a few times over the past few years. I will mention it to him next time we talk. But, what you may not see I suspect since you are so focused on their handful of modern coin areas you focus on, is the massive amount of price adjustments in all the other modern areas (for example, have you tracked closely what has happened to modern silver commems or modern gold commems, etc. of late). Plus, have you subscribed to Coinfacts yet? There, the team assigned to Coinfacts is working night and day to, among other things, add actual auction prices, in all grades, for all of the coins listed. Anyone will be able to not only see the Price guide price but many of the actual sales prices that took place in the various auctions for each coin. A collector will not only have a Price Guide price to look at but real auction sales prices. So, if an Ike were to sell for $100 in the auction venues Coinfacts receives reports from and is listed at $300 in the Guide, the collector will be able to see both prices in the months and years ahead.

Wondercoin

• Options

<< <i>I would hope the Price Guide would not drop to the Teletrade sales levels, as IMHO, the coins are worth substantially more than the TT prices. >>

<< <i>Mas: If you believe these Ike prices should drop, send an email to the Price guide editor pointing out the fact that "this went down in this series and this didn't go down in that series". JH works feverishly to move prices in all of the modern series. I am often contacted to answer any questions JH might have in a variety of coin series. But, not all. I have been asked about Ikes just a few times over the past few years. I will mention it to him next time we talk. But, what you may not see I suspect since you are so focused on their handful of modern coin areas you focus on, is the massive amount of price adjustments in all the other modern areas (for example, have you tracked closely what has happened to modern silver commems or modern gold commems, etc. of late). Plus, have you subscribed to Coinfacts yet? There, the team assigned to Coinfacts is working night and day to, among other things, add actual auction prices, in all grades, for all of the coins listed. Anyone will be able to not only see the Price guide price but many of the actual sales prices that took place in the various auctions for each coin. A collector will not only have a Price Guide price to look at but real auction sales prices. So, if an Ike were to sell for $100 in the auction venues Coinfacts receives reports from and is listed at $300 in the Guide, the collector will be able to see both prices in the months and years ahead. Wondercoin >>

My points are in there !!!!

Thanks for sharing

Added

PS Drop it would be best
  • Options
    I don't understand why a seller would not offer such coins to the board before sending them off to auction. At a reasonable price each respective person saves a seller and buyer fee.Text

The possibility is that the offer was not considered "a reasonable price" by board members.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I know zip about Ikes. Were these results bad? >>

Each and every sale was a true RIP!

The 1971-S in MS67 typically draws $300+

The 1972 T1 should have brought $150 and the Type 3 should have brought $100 to $150.
    Both coins looked very nice for the grade!

The 73-D! I would have gladly thrown a $35 bid up for that sucker if I'd only paid attention to the clock! >>

After the buyer pays the buyer's premium and shipping, was his final cost not within the ballpark of those prices? There is a HUGE difference between consignors' take and the buyers final cost.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeleTrade has FREE shipping in December.

The (2) 1972-P's averaged about $135 & $100 after the juice image

Still a bargain, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Gah! That was horrible! I don't even collect Ikes, and I might have bid higher. It's definitely a buyer's market for moderns right now.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    The last few years, December has been a crappy time for coins at auction
  • Options
    With that in mind, maybe we should plan for it in upcoming years, and use it as a time to buy instead of sell. It's helpful for Christmas shopping, if any of us want to give to friends or family, so they can see why we're into it so much.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might of been worse if they were listed on eBay at 99¢ no reserve auctions. But I at least would of maybe seen that 1971-S in 67 that way.
    Don't bother looking at Teletrade any more with there hidden reserves and increased buyers costs.

As for the price guide if this was a open sale it should be factored into the value.