Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1960's Beatles cards--writer looking to interview collectors

Hello,

I am working on an article for Sports Market Report about 1960's Beatles cards.

If you collect these cards and would like to possibly be interviewed for the piece
please contact me at: kozpro20@hotmail.com

And, if you have some high grade Beatles cards in PSA holders and can supply some images
for the article that would be most helpful (maybe you want to be interviewed and have images).

Thanks to all who have helped with my other articles (mostly sports).

Doug
Enjoy the hobby.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    David (Packman) is your guy.

My set is raw with a wrapper, his is I believe in all 8.

Perhaps an email to the registry guys will help?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Doug,
    Next time your throwing around ideas for a set to feature from the Non Sport side, would like to see the 1963 Rosan Terror Monster Set, two parts, 132 Cards, Extremely difficult in Hi Grade, which has quite the back story (Which I have the #1 Set). Or the 1961 Nu Card Dinosuar set (I only have the #3).

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Or Maybe all/any Ripley's Believe It or Not Sets. A very popular Iconic topic with BION museums all over the country.

Right now I'm colleting the following BION sets:

1. 1934 Carreras
    2. 1937 R21 Wolverine Gum
    3. 1953 Parkhurst
    4. 1953 Quaker Oats
    5. 1958 Australian Vita-Brits
    6. 1962 Dynamic Toy
    7. 1970 Fleer
    8. 1970 kilpatrick's
    9. 1970 Rainbo
    10. 1974/76 Milk Dud Candy Boxes.

I just got got a R21 BION card graded PSA9 - the first and only R21 graded a 9. A Pop. 1 0f 1 from an entire set, with none graded higher.

If SMR ever wants to do an article on BION sets, I'm willing to help.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    Doug,

I have been out of town. I can help you with scans and information. Here is a link to one of my sets (Beatles Color #1 PSA set): SET

One of my passions is the British Invasion music scene. As a result, I have been working on various Beatles (and others) sets from the US and Europe issued during the 1960s. Are you focusing on the Topps issued sets? The toughest set issued of the Beatles would be the Yellow Submarine set issued by Anglo (UK). I found this set more challenging then any of the Topps issued sets.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Make that 8 and above with many 9's and 10's too.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Hey boys - David's set is awesome. Teddyballgame has quite a nice set as well.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Thanks to all for their responses.

Hopefully at some point down the line I can work on pieces about some other non-sport sets, but for now it's the 1964 Topps Beatles issues.

If anyone would be willing and available to send me some scans of high grade samples of those '64 Beatles cards please email me at kozpro20@hotmail.com

SMR would like the images to be:

-- 300 dpi

-- against a dark background

--about 1 MB in file size

--have a 1/2 inch or so border on all sides around the PSA holder so the grapchics department can have some flexibility in the layout process

--with crisp focus

Again, email me if you can send some. Same goes for any wrappers, wax boxes, Topps plak images.

I would suggest sending me a "test" scan or two for starters and then we can see how things look.

Thanks so much for all who have helped (and will) with this and other pieces.

Doug
    Enjoy the hobby.