Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Website

Tuesday morning around 8 am PST we will be upgrading to a new PCGS website. Our website will be down for about an hour as the necessary technical conversion is made.

We don't anticipate any major problems and hope that we can quickly correct all the minor issues as they pop up. Please be patient.

We've designed an all new website that we believe will be easier to navigate, more functional and informative.

Comments

• Options

But I have a question. Has just the VIEW been enabled to exclude the ATF sets or will registry awards now ALSO exclude them?

PCGS Set Registry News!þ
    Sent: Tue 12/01/09 7:10 PM
    To: xxxx@hotmail.com

Dear Set Registry Members,

Today, a new PCGS website was launched and along with it many improvements including a new feature in the PCGS Set Registry.

In response to an email I sent out in September soliciting your opinion on the way the All-Time Finest sets are being displayed, we have made a significant change to the way the ATF sets can being shown. Now, when you go to a specific set page, you will find a link just above the list of ATF sets called “View PCGS Era.” If you click that link, the ATF sets that were assembled prior to PCGS grading, will disappear leaving only sets which were assembled after 1986 with PCGS-graded coins. This view will remain this way (due to the cookies in your computer) until you change it back by clicking on the link called “View All Eras.” Here's an example:

Now, if you choose to do so, you can compare your sets to only those which were assembled with PCGS-graded coins, or you can toggle back to compare your sets to some of the historically great collections such as Eliasberg, Garrett, Pittman and others. I appreciate the many responses I received to the opinion poll I sent out. Your feedback was instrumental in our development of the new Registry format. I am confident that this new format will now satisfy most, if not all, of the Set Registry membership.

There may be a few ATF sets that are toggling in and out of the wrong view. Should you see any sets that should be changed, please let me know. Also, should you find any functions in the Registry that are not working properly, contact me so we can get them fixed.

We have a lot of exciting things happening in 2010 beginning with the display of Dale Friend’s Early Bust Half dollar set at the FUN show in Orlando. Take a peek and you’ll understand why we are so excited about this display: LINK

And, of course, we will be having our PCGS luncheon on Friday, January 8th. If you have not already sent me your RSVP and you plan to attend, please email me with your name and that of your guest as soon as possible.

As always, should you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me.

BJ Searls
    Set Registry Manager
  • Options
    The site itself is redesigned quite nicely; I'm pleased that the look is updated without significantly altering the fundamentals of how to use the site. I'm a bit disappointed that the new feature I was looking forward to seeing the most, photograde, does not seem to be quite ready. The page layout loads, but the images are broken links. I can't wait until it's up and running.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    BigRick - The PCGS Set Registry awards are never given to retired sets, only to current. (The HOF is a different story, of course.) Also, to clarify, the ATF retired sets are not gone from the Registry. They are all still viewable. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Scott - Photograde is working now.

Thanks.

BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Scott - PCGS Photograde seems to be workng fine. All the images are coming up for me. Try again. If you continue to have a problem call Customer Service and they will help you.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Scott - PCGS Photograde seems to be workng fine. All the images are coming up for me. Try again. If you continue to have a problem call Customer Service and they will help you. >>

Don, I just tried the image links as well. Broken for me, too.
    I am on Win7 and using IE 8.0

Error message I get (not sure if the same as Scott, but likely) is:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)
    Timestamp: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 07:50:36 UTC

Line: 210
    Char: 5
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.pcgs.com/Photograde/js/category.js

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Well, I can see it clearly on a computer at work. I'll have to check it again tomorrow when I can go home.

Meanwhile, I now noticed that on the price guides, I can only look at the "most active" tabs, and that if I try to look at, say, MS61-70, I instead get yet another plug for CoinFacts (tm). I'm a bit worried that PCGS will soon eliminate any functionality whatsoever for any of us not subscribing to the thing.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Photo Grade Online works just fine on my computer - I like it.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Don.
    I saw on the USCF that you guys found the issue and cleared it up.
    Works on my systems now (I access from about 5 different PCs).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Yay! It's working fine now!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭