Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Any new opinions on crossing over cards to PSA

I've read all the traffic here, but it's been a while since anyone mentioned this. Is the best approach still to submit cards for crossover in the slabs, then crack them if they don't cross over well? In my case, it's SGC cards for 1970 baseball.
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Depends on minimum grade. At least in my case when I ask for minimum grade less than on SGC I received the same grade as SGC. When I ask for same grade I don't do as well. I've decided it is more cost effective to purchase cards already in PSA slabs unless it is a really good deal. Also beware of centering, SGC seems to be more lenient than PSA.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Thanks for that info. It sounds as if they are more strict if you 'demand' a exact crossover.

And it IS a pretty good deal if I submit them under a CC special. :-)
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Pray.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think submitting your cards to PSA in an SGC slab is defeating the purpose. Crack them out and hope for the best.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think submitting your cards to PSA in an SGC slab is defeating the purpose. Crack them out and hope for the best. >>

I have a BGS card that I've been wavering about crossing over for what seems like forever. Valuable card, currently graded BGS 7.5. If I crack it out, send it to PSA and it comes back a 7, I lose money. If I send it to PSA with a minimum of 7.5, they'll refuse it.

Since I couldn't make up my mind on what to do, I went ahead and purchased a PSA 7 yesterday and I'll sell the BGS 7.5. Frustrating though.

In case anyone is curious, the card is a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron #30 Yellow Letter.

1958 Topps #30 Hank Aaron YL (eBay auction)