Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does PSA give vouchers for miscuts or do you lose the grading fee? AND Do you think Joe Orlando wou

Hi all, I can't remember if PSA gives a voucher or not for miscuts, if they do then the second question doesn't really matter as I would use the vouchers for other grading...

BUT my second question is: I have approximately 100 sticker cards from the early '80's which are known for having miscuts. Do you think Joe Orlando, or somebody at PSA could give me a quick opinion via email as to whether or not the miscut is enough to keep out of a holder or qualified grade? I would hate to send in 100-ish stickers and have all, or most, come back as miscuts...

Thanks!

Patrick

Comments

• Can't tell you about the quick opinion but when I sent a card they thought had evidence of trimming I received a voucher for another grade.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten vouchers for miscuts.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't tell you about the quick opinion but when I sent a card they thought had evidence of trimming I received a voucher for another grade. >>

I could be wrong, but I didn't think EOT received a voucher. Min. Size Req. will though.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I agree with DaddyMc ... You get a voucher for miscuts but NOT for EOT.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    N-1 Evidence of Trimming - When a card's edge has been altered, a card doctor may use scissors, scalpel, cutter, or any other cutting instrument. A trimmed card may show one of the following: Hook up or down, have one razor sharp edge, a difference in toning along the edge, a wavy look.

N-8 Miscut - This term is used when the factory cut is an abnormal cut. The grading fees are returned. You will be given a voucher good for another submission for the same type of service.

No mention of a voucher for EOT.
  • I'll try to find the card and make sure what the deal was.