Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 Silver Eagles

Forgive me if this has come up already but I have been away.

With the 2009 ASE's sold out at the Mint does anyone think this will be a good year to put a few rolls away? Anyone have the production numbers?

Thanks members

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the mintage is high already this year.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Here's the latest mint stats (I think):

"So far this year, 1,176,000 of the one-ounce gold American Eagles have been sold and 25,716,500 silver American Eagles. Both of these numbers are up substantially from the numbers recorded in 2008 when 794,000 gold and 19,583,500 silver were sold."

LINK

I don't know the other mintages from previous years, but I believe this is a high year overall for silver since all the blanks seem to have gone to the bullion issue; they were not spread out among bullion, W-Proof and W-Burnished options like the last few years.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mintage is MORE than excessive and was/is due to demand from people wanting silver.
    They will just be socked away as a precious metal and so I sincerely doubt they will have much, if any, premium other than spot+

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a MASSIVE MELTDOWN, 20 million of any ASE is not something worth "putting away". image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless there is a MASSIVE MELTDOWN, 20 million of any ASE is not something worth "putting away". image >>

A hearty qualified image numismatically speaking.

It's worth putting away for the bullion value though. JMHO
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options

<< <i>Unless there is a MASSIVE MELTDOWN, 20 million of any ASE is not something worth "putting away". image >>

Just about a year ago I paid just north of $200 a roll for ASE's.....Now try a bit north of $400 for a roll..

They are bullion investment and the purchase should be as such. Totally irrelevant is the number produced. If 50 million would produced they would still sell at a price relative to spot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file