Home U.S. Coin Forum

question for the modern group

I have read several times on this forum that the PCI green holdered coins are usually accurately graded and cross or even upgrade at times.

I have purchased green holdered Proof 70 1999 silver state quarters, including Deleware. I inquired about crossing them into PCGS

holders, but was told that they don't cross 70's. My question is.....what value do these hold in relationship to PCGS and NGC holdered

70's? Obviously the Deleware holds the biggest premium going in the multi-thousands for a perfect silver 70. If green labeled PCI are

universally accepted and acknowledged as accurately graded coins, would these be valued in the same way? Please be kind and gentle

in your responses.....image
....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles

Comments

• commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    PCI graded 70s are as good as raw, regardless of the color of the label. Crack them out and send them to NGC or PCGS, and odds are you will get 69s. They command such a premium because they are so hard to make.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • I would agree with that. Also, check completed auctions for Proof 70 statehood quarters (even in PCGS slabs). Last I checked, on ebay they sell for way under PCGS price guide.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would agree with that. Also, check completed auctions for Proof 70 statehood quarters (even in PCGS slabs). Last I checked, on ebay they sell for way under PCGS price guide. >>

imageto the tune of 25¢ on the $ that series seems to of died before they hit 50 states let alone any of the add ons.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCI graded 70s are as good as raw, regardless of the color of the label. Crack them out and send them to NGC or PCGS, and odds are you will get 69s. They command such a premium because they are so hard to make. -Paul >>

AGree except that NGC 70s are not worth much more than PCI. Only PCGS grades moderns with a careful eye. --Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file