Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Clever ebay seller [beware] astori23 and her dad's awesome coin collection...

Okay, so I find this interesting and am glad now that I didn't win one of this person's auctions...after doing some digging, it all made sense that this DAD story of "her's" is completely fabricated and these coins are in fact NOT coming from an estate but from somewhere else whether ebay or a store front. So if astori23 is browsing these forums, will you please stand up? image

Anyways, for humor, my research on one coin, a 1925 S Peace...

Purchased here:

1925 S Peace Dollar bought from DAD's estate image

Selling here:

"Dad's" 1925 S Peace Dollar being sold here...

And note the "MERCHANDISE RETURN CREDIT" image

Just a warning for anybody who thinks they're getting a good deal. [I thought I was, but I was luckily outbid]

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ruse is nearly as old as ebay. Buy the coin, not the story. image
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    I'm confused, how do you know these coins are the same coin ?

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but......

"...Dads estate is full of high quality key date coins like this.

As the estate director gives these to me I will post them for Christmas.

A coin like this was art to my dad. He requested before he passed that his estate not be sold to a whole saler but to give collectors the same excitement he had while collecting.

My father said to me that there would be no reward for him if I sell his coins to a wholesaler.

We spoke about the time it would take me to sell it on ebay, dad responce was "it would only be a fraction of my time compared to the time it took Dad in finding his collection. I promise you will enjoy your purchase Dad collected the best,......"
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Bob look at the L in liberty in both coins, same exact hit mark.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm confused, how do you know these coins are the same coin ?

Bob >>

Look closely... image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm confused, how do you know these coins are the same coin ?

Bob >>

There are some marks that are present on both coins, but the clincher is when you look at the seller's feedback and see it was purchased two weeks ago. Dad must have died shortly thereafter. image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He requested before he passed that his estate not be sold to a whole saler but to give collectors the same excitement he had while collecting.

Even if a wholesaler buys a coin doesn't it still eventually find its way to a collector who is excited for the opportunity to hunt down the coin? Does only ebay generate collector excitement?

whole saler = a complete and fully trained sailor ???

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    That woman has a big set of hollow cajones for putting such lies in her auction!

I certainly hope it snaps back in her face by selling the coin only the $23 bid! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im so sorry to read about your dads passing.
    based on the fact that THIS coin was purchased BY YOUR DAD only 16 days ago... you and your family must be under some real tough financial times to have to be selling his prized coin collection just under 2 weeks after his death.... so sad to hear... happy holidays...
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and gosh...would you feel really bad if he really did die last week?
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

<< <i>Im so sorry to read about your dads passing.
    based on the fact that THIS coin was purchased BY YOUR DAD only 16 days ago... you and your family must be under some real tough financial times to have to be selling his prized coin collection just under 2 weeks after his death.... so sad to hear... happy holidays... >>

"Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I think her ebay handle is itself a clue... All that verbiage in her auctions is just "a stori"

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and gosh...would you feel really bad if he really did die last week? >>

Hmmmm, she was spouting this dribble back in September according to her feedback.
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had a miraculous recovery...then died again, and again...so sad!!!
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    Muffinsmommi reincarnate ... same crap, different scam. image
    Dave of the cornfields

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file