Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I just bought a 48 Bowman Berra RC and Spahn. Scan added.

Couple really nice cards. Neither will 8 due to centering, but I think both could 7.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>Couple really nice cards. Neither will 8 due to centering, but I think both could 7. >>

This thread is worthless without scans. But congrats anyway.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Lets see some scans Burgundy...
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'll crank up that scanner tonight.........also picked up a nice 60 Koufax and Maris yesterday. Again, nice 7's, not 8's, but for what I paid for them not bad.

This is all part of Burgundy's new "blue chip" strategy. I'm only buying the blue chips, fellas. Low pops will go out of my hands faster than one of Baxter's dog biscuits.......................
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll crank up that scanner tonight.........also picked up a nice 60 Koufax and Maris yesterday. Again, nice 7's, not 8's, but for what I paid for them not bad.

This is all part of Burgundy's new "blue chip" strategy. I'm only buying the blue chips, fellas. Low pops will go out of my hands faster than one of Baxter's dog biscuits....................... >>

lol I guess blue chips are a good investment in this market image
  • Options
    I have a master plan to corner the market on the blue chips. Well, not really.

I do have a master plan to corner the market on one certain card, however, that I really like, much like the dude in CA who's got a craving for all things '64 Curt Flood.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    don't keep us in suspense mr. burgundy. what is the card (unless divulging its identity to us will impact your plan).

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    not the 93 Mcgwire refractor again image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to guess I'd say it is the 1957 Topps #400 Yankees' Power hitters.
  • Options
    "If I had to guess I'd say it is the 1957 Topps #400 Yankees' Power hitters."

Man, one of my favorite cards of all time. Don't currently own one because I can never find one that I like.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options

<< <i>If I had to guess I'd say it is the 1957 Topps #400 Yankees' Power hitters. >>

That would be Card #407..

unless you are speaking of #400 Dodgers sluggers.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a master plan to corner the market on the blue chips. Well, not really.

I do have a master plan to corner the market on one certain card, however, that I really like, much like the dude in CA who's got a craving for all things '64 Curt Flood. >>

Wow. Out of curiosity I went to the bay and searched 1964 Curt Flood. And sure enough the same guy is high bidder on all of the auctions. Weird.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    Who was the guy bidding on all the Rickey Rookies? Was it Godswork?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If I had to guess I'd say it is the 1957 Topps #400 Yankees' Power hitters. >>

That would be Card #407..

unless you are speaking of #400 Dodgers sluggers. >>

Love both of those cards; that and the '53 bowman berra, mantle, bauer cards have always been favorites. Ah to have the cash to corner the market on anything. Maybe Roy Campanella '55 viewfinders... mooo oooh aaah.
  • Options
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Nice cards but................. Berra's rookie was 1947... Bond Bread or Tip Top Bread.

• Options
    Spahn also had a 1947 Tip Top Bread.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    Burgundy, Here is my Berra PSA 7 and Spahn PSA 8. I definately think your Berra and Spahn have really chances of going into PSA 7 holders. Especially think the Berra will! Congrats!

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    All 4 of those cards are unreal. I only hope to have something like that someday!