Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jsa loa

i haven't really purchased any autographs and i was wondering what does a full loa from jsa have that a basic loa doesn't?

Comments

• Options
    It comes with a 1986 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 10 or BGS 9.5.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It comes with a 1986 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 10 or BGS 9.5. >>

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    it's a full page letter authenticating the specific item and includes a photo of the item, it's typically the high end service, DO NOT get confused by a auction letter which is a generic letter authenticating multiple items, auction letters get passed around and do not authenticate an item.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>which is a generic letter authenticating multiple items, auction letters get passed around and do not authenticate an item. >>

vlad , can you clarify , not sure what you are trying to state . there is a lot of verbiage on an auction loa but I have never had an auction letter loa not pass when upgraded. for single lot items or lots with a couple items , they are still doing an extensive authentication. if the lot is for say 100 auto cards, that is where there are potential duds due to lack of a thorough authentication process imo
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>which is a generic letter authenticating multiple items, auction letters get passed around and do not authenticate an item. >>

vlad , can you clarify , not sure what you are trying to state . there is a lot of verbiage on an auction loa but I have never had an auction letter loa not pass when upgraded. for single lot items or lots with a couple items , they are still doing an extensive authentication. if the lot is for say 100 auto cards, that is where there are potential duds due to lack of a thorough authentication process imo >>

if yours have always been upgraded congrats, I've had tons that haven't, and when I've made a stink about it to the companies they've told me it's a quick service and not a guaranteed one. also, because people have been taking these auction loa's (they are also very easily copied, a photocopier does the trick) and using them to sell forged auto's I believe both companies (JSA and PSA) have committed to stop issuing them. If the auction loa is directly from the auction house with the item there's a much better chance it gets upgraded (I've still had some fail), I would never buy cards with a auction loa if I wasn't buying them directly from the auction house... or would bid accordingly.

Here's a couple JSA examples that had either psa or jsa auction loa's, that failed authentication... I have other psa examples but don't use that account anymore so don't have acess to past submissions.

Mays auto
    Mays auto #2
    Bird auto
  • Options
    have you bought an autograph with a basic jsa loa and have no problems?
  • Options
    basic loa's are fine, I was just speaking of auction loa's
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    sorry, can't log in to beckett so not sure what the items are.

I only buy unique items that are usually 1 item to a lot which may explain why I have not had an issue. it sounds like you are talking more about cards . balls ,etc that are regularly signed. also, all mine have come direct from the auction house.
  • Options
    they were just signed topps/fleer cards...