Home Sports Talk
Options

Charlie Weiss is gone...his replacement should be..

Who ?

Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban seem to be the best coaches out there.

I think Jim Harbaugh is probably best for the job.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Harbaugh seems like a good fit.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I believe that Saban does not have an out in his new contract. I could be wrong, I hope not. We like him down here and want to keep him.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    They need a HUGE name coach. Harbaugh hasn't done quite enough for my liking.

Anything less than Stoops or Meyer will result in 10 more years of mediocrity.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harbaugh should stay where he is and be ready to take over that team up North. I agree Notre Dame needs a well established coach with a good track record, not the latest flash in the pan.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ND needs a no-name coach. Someone who people have never heard of. Pay the guy well, but no more than three mil a year. I'm the one for the job!
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Harbaugh should stay where he is and be ready to take over that team up North. I agree Notre Dame needs a well established coach with a good track record, not the latest flash in the pan. >>

I do believe Harbaugh will wait one more year for the Michigan job.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>Anything less than Stoops or Meyer will result in 10 more years of mediocrity. >>

Then 99% of the college football fans in America are hoping that Stoops and Meyer tell ND to piss off.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Heck ... they tried CHARLIE Weiss, why not give a shot to:

CHARLIE Chaplin (use the "Silent Count")
    CHARLIE Chan (maybe he can figure out why ND sucks)
    CHARLIE Brown (just dont let Lucy be the holder on field goal attempts)
    CHARLIE McCarthy (OH NO ... not ANOTHER Dummy)
    CHARLIE Laine (would add a lot more excitement)
    CHARLIE Watts (probably has enough "medicine" to cure all injuries)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who ?

Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban seem to be the best coaches out there.

I think Jim Harbaugh is probably best for the job. >>

Why in the world would Urban Meyer or Nick Saban go to ND? You think they want to fly back to Florida, Georgia, and Texas to recruit when they can drive instead? And move away from the SEC just for the ND "prestige"? It cracks me up when I hear people suggest that ND's "list" really includes all of the top current coaches. South Bend isn't the capital of the college football world anymore and hasn't been for a long long long time. Nick Saban has everything he wants, he's in the middle of the southeast recruiting belt, and AL will pay him whatever he wants. Its tough for some people to hear this, but there is really nothing ND could do to lure Saban or Meyer to come to South Bend. Harbaugh might make sense.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I believe Bobby Bowden is now free to take over at Notre Dame.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    His replacement should be.......................Who Cares?