Home U.S. Coin Forum

2010 eagles will be a tad late

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coin World Online is reporting that the Mint will not begin production of the 2010 gold and silver eagles until after the New Years Day holiday. No word as to when they will be shipped.
Normally they strike the next years coins in December, and have them packaged and ready to be picked up on the first business day of the new year.
TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fun at FUN for some folks who are used to selling/buying the new issue there....
    Moy's legacy continues...............

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• not surprised since the mint ran out.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    That's bad news for the 2009 coins, looks like no Christmas present from the mint this year.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    IF they were not so busy cranking out millions of bullion eagles that are going to be worthless, they could give us the coins we want for our collections.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IF they were not so busy cranking out millions of bullion eagles that are going to be worthless, they could give us the coins we want for our collections. >>

Funny, they see the collectible coins as a side job and their main job is the mundane stuff....in a pinch all of the specialty coins could go away. --Jerry
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's bad news for the 2009 coins, looks like no Christmas present from the mint this year.

image >>

Not so fast, not so fast!

If they aren't making 2010 until after the start of the year, maybe it's because they are striking PROOF 09 SAEs!!
    Doubtful, but I'm all for starting rumors!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I lpve rumors like that!
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    perhaps now they can make 2009 proof silver eagles
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    This will make the First Strike™ designations a bit tough since traditionally, Jan 2nd was the official "release" date.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually buy one at the FUN Show. Guess not this time image
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I usually buy one at the FUN Show. Guess not this time image >>

Same here. I usually buy a few at the FUN show also. image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file