Home Sports Talk
Options

Who's your NFL MVP?

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Right now my list looks like this:

1. Manning (by a hair)
2. Farve
3. Chris Johnson (distant 3rd)

Yes, Farve is having a better season than Manning, but if you put an average QB on Minnesota, they are probably still 8-3 or 7-4. You put an average QB on Indy, and they are 3-8 or 2-9.

The one guy that could really make things interesting is Vince Young. The Titans still have Indy this week and SD in Week 16, but if they somehow run the table and make the playoffs, VY should get some serious consideration. After all, they were 0-6 with an average QB, but would be 10-0 with VY.

Comments

• Options
    If Indy runs the table, Manning is the MVP. It they trip up, and the Vikings win 14 or 15 - Farve gets it. VY won't even be a blip on the radar screen.
  • Options
    I like your positioning...4th would go to Drew Brees. I think without him, the Saints would probably be around 7-4. Tonight's game will show how important he is.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    FaVre
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Its a two way race with Favre and Manning. Right now I think Favre is in the lead and with Indy clinching so early its hard for me to imagine Peyton playing much late in the final two games if they got homefield locked up.

Favre will have to keep playing due to New Orleans so he might end up with much better numbers.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    There's more on the line that just winning the MVP for 2009 .....

If either Favre or Manning wins, it will be his 4th MVP .... a new NFL record!

May the best man win image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the shredding of the Patriots, Brees is up there with Manning.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    If Favre continues on this pace he will get it. I think there will be a lot of sentiment to give it to a 40 year old that can put up those numbers.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Saints and Vikings would still be very good teams if they lost their quarterbacks. The Colts would become medioce without Manning. So my vote goes to Manning. My sentimental favorite is Favre.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    brees looks good along with the other 3. should be a close vote. if johnson comes close to the rushing record its his, i think he needs to avg. about 145-150 per game to break it.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Drew Brees!
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Drew Brees! >>

• Options
    I am also going to go Drew Brees followed by Manning.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    brees, manning, favre. and that order is fluid.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    T.O. GETS MY VOTE
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Brees, Farve, Manning
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC