Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

**FRAUD ALERT**Ebayer (tarheels17032) is a vintage pack counterfeiter. Here's proof:

As many vintage pack collectors already know there has been a vintage pack counterfeiting operation working out of the Harrisburg, Pa. area. I've already exposed members of this ring such as ebayers (pastoney) & (hunter17045) who have been kicked off ebay. Both these id's were buying their wrappers & singles using a third id (codyemma17) also from the Harrisburg area.

Unfortunately ebay chose not to kick off codyemma17 and he is still a prolific buyer of vintage wrappers & singles. There is still a (fourth) id out of Harrisburg called (tarheels17032) who for months now has been selling counterfeit vintage packs on ebay. Many of you board members might remember him as the one who recently sold that '71 o.p.c. baseball wax box for $2850 and some of you were questioning the authenticity of that box.

Well yesterday (tarheels17032) put on ebay some more vintage packs including a 1965 Philadelphia wax pack. And just as I expected this VERY SAME wrapper on this wax pack was purchased as a raw wrapper on ebay by none other than (codyemma17) on sept. 23.

The ebay listing# for the raw wrapper is: 400073769473
The ebay listing# for the wax pack is: 190353511025

If you look at the reverse of both wrappers you can immediately see the bold, black smudge line running under the word (Bookcovers) and then forming a 90 degree angle and heading downward. Also another bold, black smudge line runs off this same word (Bookcovers) and continues into the adjacent diagram. There are numerous other more subtle smudge marks that are perfect matches on both wrappers.

(hunter17032) has made thousands of dollars selling bad packs in recent months--$7700 in just the last four weeks alone!!! One auction included a raw '52 Topps wax pack that sold for $1200. And yesterday he listed an '86 fleer basketball full wax box and already the bids are flying.

Take a look at the wrapper and wax pack and judge for yourself. Alot of you people have been ripped off big time by this person or persons out of Harrisburg and someone needs to put a stop to it--ebay won't.
"You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp

Comments

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Thanks a million for the pictures daddymac. It takes alot of work on my part to expose these criminals and I greatly appreciate it when my fellow board members lend a helping hand. Again I thank you!!!
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Great job. image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    excellent!
  • I would like to make note that it is well known that alot of vintage pack counterfeiting has also been coming out of the state of North Carolina. And even though (tarheels17032) is out of Harrisburg, PA one will note the tarheels in his ID which might indicate he has a North Carolina connection.

This could be the first evidence of an multi-state counterfeiting ring!

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭
    Great job summer. You're detective work is unparalleled! I certainly appreciate every post you make. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job - I always say it seems like eliminating scammers on ebay is like stepping on red ants in your backyard...doesn't get rid of them but it sure helps reduce the number.
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    this would be a good dateline NBC topic. I'd like to see all of these idiots go away for a long time and pay restitution to all that they have swindled. If I lived anywhere near there I would go to their house and pay them a visit.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if he has something to do with it........

Text

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting!
  • Great work, as usual.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Stay far away from anything that anderson84352 is selling on ebay.

The packs are handmade, for those needing a lesson in what a resealed pack looks like check out the back photo of his 72 football as well as his 71 basketball pack, the corner seals aren't even close:

72fb pack

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stay far away from anything that anderson84352 is selling on ebay.

The packs are handmade, for those needing a lesson in what a resealed pack looks like check out the back photo of his 72 football as well as his 71 basketball pack, the corner seals aren't even close:

72fb pack >>

////////////////////////

Yup.

They appear to be a phoenix of the previous Glendale/Eagle Rock gang.

anderson84352 ( 125) 3 months CA, United States

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.