Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1904 O Morgan Vam 37A "EDS" sat. scavenger pick up!

Comments

• Options
    btt for the vam guys....they must be late nite snipers.......why is this a R-7.....

when nobody gives a sh%&...If you don't mind I'll give out the "R"s for a while, we will start with this one.............this is a R-nobody, total pop. is 1...But don't let that stop you....you will need this in 15-20 years, in the meantime if anyone out there has a YN that maybe able to use this in the future.....send a pm...first one gets it....on me!

Happy Holidays everyone...............image Edited to add: If this sounds like a "Mad Mans Rant" .....I assure you....it is not, apparently this is a Rare Vam that either all the Vam guys already have, or they do not need yet............anyway, my offer stands, if you have a YN, or know of one who is deserving , send a pm..........

Again, Happy Holidays everyone.........!
  • Options
    Not for nothing, but why are you calling it EDS of 37A? It does appear to be a V-37, but there's no obv cud or "U" die crack, that I can see.
    Edit to add, that I love the color.
    John G Bradley II
  • Options
    The lack of the crack is why I'm calling it EDS........It has every other die marker...

Edited to add.... Die marker- Odd H shaped die scratch or impression below cap fold.

It has the above die marker...........
  • Options
    OK
    John G Bradley II
  • Options
    Nice looking coin! I think the crack at the 'U' and associated displaced field is what distinguishes the 37 from the 37A. That "odd H shaped" impression may be on all VAM 37's as well.

I added some scans of the 37A discovery coin to the VAMworld site. Check out the rim cuds on the top obverse and the long die scratch coming off the back of the eagle's head.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file