Home Sports Talk
Options

ACC = Another Crappy Conference

Georgia Tech plays Clemson in the ACC championship game next weekend. #7 Georgia Tech loses at home to middle of the road SEC Georgia, and Clemson loses to middle of the road SEC South Carolina this weekend. Doesn't say much for the ACC, does it ?

If you want a real championship game next weekend, then just watch Florida vs. Alabama. That is the game to decide
who is truly #1.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>#7 Georgia Tech loses at home to middle of the road SEC Georgia, and Clemson loses to middle of the road SEC South Carolina this weekend. Doesn't say much for the ACC, does it ? >>

Says a lot about the SEC doesn't it?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Says nothing about any other conference including NON-BCS teams like TCU. I would like to see TCU v. SEC winner. Would be much more compelling TV than Texas.
  • Options

<< <i> I would like to see TCU v. SEC winner. Would be much more compelling TV than Texas. >>

Do you forget what Mack Brown and Texas did in U$C's own backyard when everyone in TV land was telling us how great U$C was ?

I think Mack Brown and his staff will have Texas more then ready to challenge the SEC champ.
  • Options

<< <i>Says nothing about any other conference including NON-BCS teams like TCU. I would like to see TCU v. SEC winner. Would be much more compelling TV than Texas. >>

TCU getting massacred by the SEC winner would be a compelling game?
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Since I like to see ratings/rankings done by experts with facts, I was curious to see how the current Sagarin Rankings rank this years football conferences as of today. After the horrible weekend by the ACC, that conference has slipped down to 3rd place. Man, they suck.

1 SOUTHEASTERN
    2 PAC-10
    3 ATLANTIC COAST
    4 BIG EAST
    5 BIG 12
    6 BIG TEN
    7 I-A INDEPENDENTS
    8 MOUNTAIN WEST
    9 WESTERN ATHLETIC
    10 CONFERENCE USA
    11 MID-AMERICAN

Sagarin Computer Rankings link
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Has UF played a top 10 team this season?
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    They are about to.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I was not suggesting TCU was better than Texas. I just find Texas boring. I just would find TCU much more compelling since TCU would be a heavy underdog to one of the SEC "powers." I have a feeling the game would be much closer than predicted. Sort of like Boise State beating OK at the Fiesta Bowl. That is one of the most exciting bowl games ever.
  • Options

<< <i>Has UF played a top 10 team this season? >>

LSU was probably #6 when they played Florida.
  • Options
    TextHas UF played a top 10 team this season?

I agree, what a cupcake season and ending it with the cupckaes of cupakes - FSU.

FSU lost to Florida, Miami and USF!

how pathetic your smack is commie boy
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi