Home Precious Metals

Harry Dent sez gold prices won't hold up when the economy turns back south...

...what say you?

(Dent is the demographics whiz who's books have time and again demonstrated relatively accurate forecasting. Not always in terms of magnitude but he's directionally correct. Dent, Rubini (economist) and Taleb (mathematician) were on the short list of prognosticators who predicted the wall street and real estate collapse.)

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say that nobody knows what is going to happen, but that people are voting with their pocketbooks and buying gold right now.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>I say that nobody knows what is going to happen, but that people are voting with their pocketbooks and buying gold right now.
    TD >>

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first question is who is Harry Dent and how much gold did he stack from 1999-2007?

I don't know about a "short" list of those who were predicting a real estate and stock market tumble back in the 2004. It would seem every person who was buying gold as early as 2006 knew that the gig was up. The list is actually rather long. But no doubt few economists or stock brokers/analysts were on such a list.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    He maybe right by 2018 or so. It will be a long long time.

Make sure the predictors put a date- time frame to the statement.

Every thing is screwed WAY up. I see no one trying to fix things just spend more $$ that isn't there or even possible to pay back.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    Dent has a number of books out, his current is The Coming Great Depression... His past books will give you pause for their directional accuracy. He thinks gold will run out of gas next year.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I think it may hold at 2K +/- for awhile in 2010. JMO
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Harry Dent: Bold Predictions of the Great Depression AheadText
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of factors the go into the price of gold...

If the USD continues to decline and worldwide demand for gold keeps up regardless of what's going on in the US, then the price of gold could easily maintain or go up. To isolate the price of gold relative to only the health of the US economy is not smart.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I say that nobody knows what is going to happen, but that people are voting with their pocketbooks and buying gold right now.
    TD >>

image >>

Since my Crystal ball is out for repairs, image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I say that nobody knows what is going to happen, but that people are voting with their pocketbooks and buying gold right now.
    TD >>

image >>

Since my Crystal ball is out for repairs, image >>

You have to have crystal balls to tell people you know what the future holds.....

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on a lot of factors.

I just don't see the world he's suggesting as a very real possibility. If the economy
    heads south there probably won't be any choice but to pump it back up even faster
    than it's falling.

Let's just continue to hope that things are picking up.
    Tempus fugit.