Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Set Winding Down

All:

I am not completely in the home stretch of finishing off my first huge set (500+ cards).

I am now down to needing only 11 cards yet to complete it. I have been thinking of publishing the list of cards that I need, but then also was afraid of possibly being bid up on the cards on EBAY as well. Anyway, I figured what the hell, and here is the list of cards that I still need.

If anyone might have any of these, I am willing to pay decent prices (VCP AVG), but not crazy prices for them, I can just wait for them as well.

For instance, there is one card in a PSA 9 that I need on EBAY. The dealer had it listed for $300, and I emailed him telling him the last couple on EBAY sold in the $99, $125 area. His point was to tell me to throw the SMR out the window, especially when the pop for this card was 11. I think I made a fair offer of $125, but was turned down. Oh well, his lost.

So here is the list.

#3 NL Pitching Leaders
#6 AL Strikeout Leaders
#40 Dick Groat
#72 Chico Cardenas
#136 Wold Series Game 1
#225 Roger Maris
#300 Hank Aaron
#331 AL Bombers
#440 Roberto Clemente
$500 Camilo Pascual

So, that is my list, I know there are a few stars there too, and I am willing to wait for them to get them nicely centered.

OH....before I forget....I am mainly looking for them in PSA 8's and above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone care to help make my Christmas a wonderful one? image

Thanks for looking

Rob Ruth

Forgot...my email is.....robr19672@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats quite an acomplishment, best of luck the rest of the way.
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I just want to pick up these last 11 cards, put this one behind me, and start up on the next project. I am trying to figure out which one I am going to pick up next.

I have a few cards so far, from 1961, only a couple from 1960, about 10% of the set from 1954 Topps, and then about 25% of a start on a 1958 set. So, my options are vast. Who knows, I may be an idiot and start something completely brand new too....lol You never know with me...

576 down....11 to go....

So, if anyone out there can help out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

Rob Ruth
  • Options
    Wow, only two reply's so far....UGH....

Doesnt anyone out there have any of the cards that I need??

Help me finish this monster off.

Thanks

Rob

robr19672@yahoo.com
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I have a Groat in a 5 (looks much better, I had it graded myself, and #72 in a 7). You might want them as fillers until something better comes along.
  • Options
    Mark:

Thanks for the offer, but I never really like spending money for fillers when you know they would not fit into the set anyhow and were just going to upgrade them.

It is now official. As you all might have seen the Curt Flood is off of my list. Thank you very much to a benefactor that I have worked with int he past that I shall keep nameless, since I do not want him to get inundated with email. He knows who he is. A very Merry Christmas gift he bestowed upon me. image

So, 577 DOWN.....10 to go. Really down to the final home stretch now. image

Thank you all for your messages and emails.

Rob Ruth
  • Options
    Wanted to bump this back up.

I am down to only needing 10 more cards. The biggest ones I am interested in finding it the 5 common/semi star cards I still need. The star cards I can pick up really when ever I can find a decent one.

Can anyone help me out with the #3. 6, 40, 72, or 500?

Thanks

Rob Ruth