Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Spahn worth grading?

I just bought a nice size lot of cards from local flea-market guy who is slowly selling off,I
just wanted the football,so would you grade this or just sell raw?Thanks.

Thanks for some input,

J.R.

Edit-Very dirty scanner,not surface of card.
J.R.
Needs'
1972 Football-9's high#'s
1965 Football-8's
1958 Topps FB-7-8

Comments

• Options
    If that's foxing on the upper left; I'd guess highest 3.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Send it TTM. I'll PM you my...errrr...his address.

PS - I know he's deceased. It was a joke, gents.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If that's foxing on the upper left; I'd guess highest 3. >>

Whats foxing?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If that's foxing on the upper left; I'd guess highest 3. >>

Whats foxing? >>

-----
    Those spots in the upper left.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Foxing is a term describing the age-related spots and browning seen on vintage paper documents such as books, postage stamps, certificates, and so forth. The name may derive from the fox-like reddish-brown color of the stains, or the rust chemical Ferric Oxide which may be involved. Paper so affected is said to be "foxed."

Taken from the internet, even though I knew what 'foxing' was.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

Thanks,learn something new every day.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

Any other idea's,thoughts about to grade or not?Does look like foxing on upper left.
    Thanks,

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    i would submit,especially being that it is his rookie card.you will not get a high grade but you have nothing much to lose money wise as at the end you will make much more buy selling it graded.it is a very key card in the set.

tony
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    I submitted what I thought was a beauty of a 1915 cracker jack but marginally foxxed. Came back as a 2. I was super surprised and disappointed. While I'm not versed in what the impact of certain elements pertain to grading (foxing, what's a PD and what isn't, fisheyes, streaking and print marks etc) I don't know how it will grade out. I would, as I said suspect low; but with rookies and especially HOF rookies from the 40's no doubt I get them graded.

That's me thou; I like the nice tiddy slab and knowledge of what I have. I say grade it and let us know how it comes out. image

-jake
  • Options

<< <i>I submitted what I thought was a beauty of a 1915 cracker jack but marginally foxxed. Came back as a 2. I was super surprised and disappointed. While I'm not versed in what the impact of certain elements pertain to grading (foxing, what's a PD and what isn't, fisheyes, streaking and print marks etc) I don't know how it will grade out. I would, as I said suspect low; but with rookies and especially HOF rookies from the 40's no doubt I get them graded.

That's me thou; I like the nice tiddy slab and knowledge of what I have. I say grade it and let us know how it comes out. image

-jake >>

Thanks for all the info,gonna get it slabbed for protection,it is a cool card.
    The first one I have,not much baseball at all,99% football.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8