Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Non Sport Experts..Planet of the Apes question

I notice that in the registry that there are 2 1960s Planet of the apes sets. The 1968 set says Topps a and B&c and the 1969 set say 1969 Topps Planet of the Apes. They both have the same cards and quantiity. What is the difference and how do you tell the difference? Any information would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Spazzy the a b and c set is from the UK and in past sets the cards are a tad smaller, plus the copyright generally says a b and c

The Topps issue is well the Topps issue.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    http://thewrapper.tripod.com/abcarticle.html

Paste that url into your browser and you will get the full story of ABC gum and it's deal with Topps.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Not sure if any pictures are on the A B&C registry set, but the A B&C POTAs are also black bordered. Very few graded and very hard to come by.
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    Thanks folks. If you look at the SMR, it says the set is 1967. It seems most sets are in the Registry as 1969. What gives? Thanks for your help again
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks folks. If you look at the SMR, it says the set is 1967. It seems most sets are in the Registry as 1969. What gives? Thanks for your help again >>

The Topps cards were issued in 1969 and were based on the 1967 Planet Of The Apes movie.
    The back of the cards say ©1967 Twentieth Century Fox because of the date of the movie. That is what causes the confusion.
    The SMR is wrong if they are dating them 1967.
    Hope that helps.

Richard
  • Options
    The Topps POTAs were made in '69, the A& BC in 1968. There are slabs out there with '67, and '69 for the Topps POTAs.
  • Options
    Richard LTNS how you been?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hey Steve,
    Keeping busy but still lurk around once in a while. I should post more often.

Richard