Not sure details yet

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Authorities: Tiger Woods seriously hurt in crash
    23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Tiger Woods was seriously injured early Friday when he hit a fire hydrant and a tree near his Florida home, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the PGA star hit the fire hydrant and tree as he pulled out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

FILE - In this Nov. 14, 2009 f…

AP - Nov 27, 2:54 pm EST Golf Gallery Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. Officials there did not have record of him as a patient, though the news release said Woods’ injuries were serious.

The highway patrol said the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Woods, 33, owns a home in the exclusive subdivision of Isleworth near Orlando. Orange County property records indicate his home is valued at $2.4 million.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiger Woods OK after car crash near Florida home
    Buzz up!Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz The agent for Tiger Woods has told USA TODAY that the golf superstar is fine after crashing his vehicle near outside his Florida home early Friday.

Mark Steinberg, senior vice president of IMG, confirmed Woods was in an accident.
    Earlier, Florida Highway Patrol reported Woods was transported to the hospital after hitting a fire hydrant near his residence in Windermere, Fla., outside Orlando.
    Health Central Hospital in nearby Ocoee is expected to release a statement on Woods by 4 p.m. ET, according to a hospital operator.

According to an official release from FHP and reported by Florida Today, Woods, had pulled out of his driveway in a Cadillac SUV.
    As he began to drive .... (Woods) struck a fire hydrant," FHP reported. The front of Wood's vehicle "then struck a tree" located at a neighboring property.

Florida Today says FHP is reporting the crash remains under investigation and that charges are pending.

The extent of Woods' injuries are unknown.

The FHP report indicates alcohol was not a factor in the crash. It also indicates "unknown" on whether a seat belt was used.

There was no mention of the accident on Woods’ Web site or his Facebook page, as of 3:30 p.m. ET.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    There's a lot that doesn't add up here.

I've heard the airbags didn't deploy, indicating the speed couldn't have been much more than 30 MPH on impact. He was driving a huge Caddy SUV. Unless he wasn't wearing his seatbelt that just doesn't seem to add up to a serious injury (as was reported). And as much as we know that almost no news item related to athletes and 2 AM is ever a good one, if alcohol wasn't involved, how do you suddenly crash into a hydrant AND a tree at 30 MPH or less?

Very odd indeed, and I have to wonder if investigators or those close to Tiger have their facts straight and are entirely on the up-and-up here.
  • Options
    Doesn't he use a driver?
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a lot that doesn't add up here. >>

Indeed. Very difficult to get a good read on this story right now. The information is still too inconsistent. I know web editors might not update headlines as frequently as stories themselves are updated, but on the same site you'll see headlines blaring "Seriously Injured" only to read "treated and released for facial lacerations." The downside of Internet age news, I s'pose.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    When athletes crash their car at 2 am, there's usually alcohol involved, and/or high speeds.

But maybe it was a sudden acceleration problem. Not sure.
  • Options

<< <i>When athletes crash their car at 2 am, there's usually alcohol involved, and/or high speeds.

But maybe it was a sudden acceleration problem. Not sure. >>

It's sounding more and more like there's a lot more to the story. Yes, it's TMZ, but they're usually pretty fair...not like Enquirer, etc.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Tiger!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Wonder how the back is recovering?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad things happen when you have a wife and 13 girlfriends!image

He's nothing compared to Jack Nicklas and several others.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

He's nothing compared to Jack Nicklas and several others. >>

Yeah he's no Tony Romo on the golf course!

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Jordan Spieth tied at the unofficial 5th major.

Spectacular player. Just hope he doesn't sign up with Nike and ruin his game.