Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1960 Topps baseball...grey backs vs white backs?

Does anyone know the scarcity of the white backs? I bought a group of them recently and have 5 or 6 with white backs instead of grey (I believe the cards numbers were in the 200's-400's but I dont have them in front of me right now).

thanks-
Claude

Comments

• Don't know the scaracity but the color on the front of the grey backs is usually more vivid and the cards have a crisper look. The white backs always look dingy to me?
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    375-440...whites are less common but nothing like the 52 or 54 grays/Canadians. Not sure there is stong premium for them in and of themselves
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    How white are the white backs - are they a cream color normally, or are they a starker white like '59 high numbers?
    I was updating my '60 set binder this weekend, and noticed that I had a large quantity of gray backs, a group of cream-color white backs, and one very white back (Hodges WS HR) that looked nothing like the others, but had a similar tone to '59 highs.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.