Home Stamps Forum
Options

Framing a sheet of stamps

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
What type of backing would you use to frame a sheet of stamps so that the glue doesn't stick?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure, but I'd like to know too. I have a sheet of the 1993 Grace Kelly commemoratives that I'd like to frame.

Matt
  • Options
    I have kept sheets of stamps in a stock book for many years and have not had a single sheet stick to the glassine pages. So, based on this experience, I would suggest inserting a large piece of this material behind the sheet. Another possibility would be a piece of waxed paper.

Mike
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where would you get these glassine pages??
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    If you live in a high humidity area, the stamp adhesive is prone to stick to anything made of fibrous paper. Any stock that has a semi-glossy surface would be more applicable.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    I would think almost any stamp supply dealer would have them or be able to get them. A little hunting on the web should produce several places. Then again, like Wooden Jefferson said, any semi-glossy surface would work, so you might want to consider good old fashioned wax paper from the grocery store or velum from a graphics supply store.
  • Options
    Try acid-free Glassine envelope which is used for long term safe storage