Home PSA Set Registry Forum

59 Topps Question

I have the Sullivan (416) with two variations - a circled copyright and a non-circled copyright. Why does the master registry only show one? And I have a Hannebrink (416) with the traded clause that on the copyright line only has ".c.g printed in the u.s.a." There is no circled copyright or t - and it is not paper loss. Is this a variation or is this the way the card appears on all copies. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    According to Donovan's Baseball Card Variation Booklet, Sullivan (416) does have the two variations you mentioned and Hanebrink (322 ... NOT 416) has two variations ... one with a TRADED statement and one WITHOUT.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Actually there are 3 variations of the Sullivan (a) no circle around copyright symbol and it has no period after the A in USA.
    (b)No circle around copyright however there is a period after the A after USA.
    (c) Circle around copyright period after A in USA however it is now listed in the 2010 Standard Catalog.It appears (a) is the most scarce.I am searching around for it in case PSA adds it to the 59 Topps Master Registery which I have completed and only updating here and there .
    At present I do have the B version.B & C are priced the same and A versions lists double the price.

If anyone has an (a) and (c) version in a psa7 I am willing to buy.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Thanks for taking the time to reply. David
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent info already here on the Sullivan card and the Hanebrink card by Dboneesq and fiveniner. Fiveniner is a super 1959 Topps collector and knows his stuff.

The Hanebrink No Trade card, IMHO, is one of the rarest vintage post-war Topps cards out there. It is impossible to find and especially impossible in high grade. If you find one no matter what condition it is in, buy it.

I have thought about contacting PSA to add the Sullivan variations to the Master Set but just have not done so yet. Since it is documented in the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, they will add the variations if requested. I, too, have two of the variations but, like fiveniner, have been looking for the (a) variation for quite some time.

I think I will whip out the 1959 Topps thread again to see if you all would like to add to it. Like fiveniner, 1959 Topps are my signature set.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    The Hanebrink No Trade card.

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14