Home Precious Metals
Options

2009 W Proof Buffalo about to sell out?

I am just wondering if we will have a repeat of last year? I mean, with the AGE sales suspended just like last year, will these be short struck again? It makes me wonder.

Comments

• Options
    No the Mint is still going to do the Buffalo's! I expect large mintage numbers!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    I ordered just 3 Proofs at $1360 that are on the way, as of yesterday.

The only other source of Gold Coinage direct from US Mint are the Buffs (Proof and BU) and the 1/2 oz Hag Series.

That's it. The Mint always suprises. It feels like last year, just a bit.

• Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am just wondering if we will have a repeat of last year? I mean, with the AGE sales suspended just like last year, will these be short struck again? It makes me wonder. >>

They've already minted more than 2008. So, I'm not seeing the relevance.

They are over 30,000, they will sell out, so what.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    "1/2oz hag series"image

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    disrespectful
  • Options

<< <i>"1/2oz hag series"image

The spouse series have the same gold content as Buffs.

gold is gold >>

What you say MAY be true in some respects but not all!. What you say is like saying a 1909 S VDB MS65 is just copper. I think these modern coins are beautiful and will in time have value for colectors above their bullion content. JMO
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered just 3 Proofs at $1360 that are on the way, as of yesterday.

The only other source of Gold Coinage direct from US Mint are the Buffs (Proof and BU) and the 1/2 oz Hag Series.

That's it. The Mint always suprises. It feels like last year, just a bit. >>

they are 1460 now..good job!image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Mine shipped and is waiting at the P.O. I will pick it up tommorow.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received two 2009 gold buffs sealed in original shipping box. Is it worth is extra $ in PCGS submisson fees for 1st strike designation? I am an old school flippa and would be in for the long run before selling.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received two 2009 gold buffs sealed in original shipping box. Is it worth is extra $ in PCGS submisson fees for 1st strike designation? I am an old school flippa and would be in for the long run before selling. >>

I think you'll get at least the $14 fee back (extra) when you sell it.
  • Options

<< <i>I think you'll get at least the $14 fee back (extra) when you sell it. >>

Plus $10 for return of the OGP.
  • Options
    Buffalo vs $20 1926 St. GAUDENS

What say you..... Buffalo for$1130 or $20 Gold 1926 for $1180?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think you'll get at least the $14 fee back (extra) when you sell it. >>

Plus $10 for return of the OGP. >>

Actually, I think $14 includes return of OGP now... but even if it doesn't, I remove the coin from the OGP and just send the coin in. Which is fine if you do this well within the FS deadline.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, I think $14 includes return of OGP now... but even if it doesn't, I remove the coin from the OGP and just send the coin in. Which is fine if you do this well within the FS deadline. >>

Thanks for the info Proofcollection. Now I can open the boxes and enjoy looking at my herd before submitting.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kuch; ~1926 St. Gauden's but at prices you quote you better buy both & FAST!!!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Kuch; ~1926 St. Gauden's but at prices you quote you better buy both & FAST!!! >>

gsa1, bougth the $20 St. Gaudens - $1180. Sight unseen, will pick up today. What if it's the 1926 S .........image

WOW, gold is moving today, you are right I should have bought both, Ha. Now will be looking for silver. Gold, silver, gold silver has a nice ring to it!

My source here in Texas says bullion is getting harder to find. People ARE still buying and market is getting tighter cause supply can't meet demand. In my business world that =s higher prices.

Another source in Indiana still has quite a bit of bullion, not as tight.

Now I've got to figure out my exit strategy........ when and how much to sell? That's why I constantly read this forum, professional advice.