Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What to do with Canadian Coins?

Not sure if this has been answered already somewhere but what should I do with all the Canadian coins I have accumulated through the years? I don't plan on going there any time soon. Slip it to the people and McD's little by little?

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Depending on where you live in PA it shouldn't be too difficult to slip a Canadian coin in when paying for something - in most border states Canadian coins are accepted and do circulate to some extent.

Otherwise I'm sure some of the board members here that live closer to the border will help you with them.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Here in Michigan, Canadian coins up to 25 cents circulate along with US coins.
    Just spend them.

Ray
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Sent him a pm... image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, on the NY-ON border, in NY, you can't pass anything but a 1c in a transaction. A lot of places will accept Canadian money but not at par.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    While perhaps a minor offense, you have been encouraged by some here to break the law.

That's not a good habit and could lead to legal problems for this site, akin to suggesting that a member print their own money.

Remember that passing Canadian money in the U.S is a federal offense. ; )

I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of 18th Century Conder Tokens, the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I sold the lot...thanks for the suggestions everyone

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>... what should I do with all the Canadian coins I have accumulated through the years? ... >>

I have the same question about all those Canadian coins that I used to collect before I got "serious" about numismatics. I've got a bunch of proof sets, specimen sets, proof dollars, proof loonies, silver toonies, etc. that nobody wants, including me. I paid good money for all that stuff and now all I want is for them to go away because I have zero interest in them.

Any suggestions? Ebay is too much work for so little gain.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    PM sent