Home Sports Talk
Options

Embarassing press conference for Charlie Weis

I felt kind of sorry for him, he wanted to talk about the upcoming Stanford game but the reporters were
only interested about his status with ND.

The question for ND is when do you pull the trigger? Right after the Stanford game or do you wait until you
have someone lined up to replace him?

Comments

• Options
    I see no reason to pull the trigger now. Maybe there is one, but I really don't see what ND gains by putting him out to pasture now. I will say one thing...if ND loses against Stanford I don't want to hear any whining about Weis. Save that for the "fan" who gave their starting QB a busted eye.
  • Options
    The longer they take in getting rid of him it hurts recruiting but I think it would be best to have someone lined up
    to replace him before they pull the trigger.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a fan that punched him, something more basic than even that. image He went back into the restaurant with his gal to get her purse, some drunk said something to her and pushed her after she rebuked him, Jimmie stepped him got sucker punched, wrestled the guy to the floor, fight over.

Charlie is a great OC but a so so head coach, so its time to go. He's made enough comments himself that show he knows that. The good news is we won't be stuck with DickRod as a head coach. So things could be worse. Word is that the contact has been made and list is down to three. Two of the obvious and one surprise.
  • Options

<< <i>The question for ND is when do you pull the trigger? >>

My guess: 24 hours after the Stanford game
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why feel sorry for him? I sure dont, bottom line ND has paid him ridiculas amounts of money for not doing what they thought he would do and now its a thankless job- he & his family are set money wise for the rest of their lives and its not like he will not be able to find work!

He knows he didnt get the job done so its no suprise to him.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    No way to feel sorry for him. Ridiculous how much faith ND put into him given his background and then that absurd long-term contract after almost beating USC. Stupid stuff...

Him and the guy from Kansas could star in the Biggest Loser along with Cable from Oakland in the off-season. I don't like to write something like that, but given their profession they should be more responsible with their health.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY WHY WHY did Notre Dame give him that extension??? You typically do that after sustained excellence going into the final year of the current contract (not just one 10 win season early in the current contract). That $18 million buy-out could do a lot of good at most universities but I guess it is pocket change to ND alums.
  • Options
    "WHY WHY WHY did Notre Dame give him that extension???"

I think it was an overboard reaction to all of the criticism they were getting about him
    so they decided that they would send a message that he was their guy despite what
    the fans were saying.