Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Man Oh Man, I'm Registry Frustrated!

So, I've recently started to piece out a Set Registry, thinking I might as well retire it I re-enter all the cert #'s after deleting them, my set was 60% and ranked #2 on a pretty tough set. Since there was three other all time finest sets with less completion I didn't think there would be a problem. I click retire set and inventory and poof... everything is gone, not showing on the all-time finest, wasted evening for me working on it. I now realize that sets must be 90% to show on the all time finest but why would PSA list sets that are at 10% just because they are active? ...to make people who are actively doing the set feel good by making them think (pretending) they have a high standing on a 'all-time set'??? Bottom line, if they are going to be listing 10% completion on active sets in the 'all time finest' list, they should include 60% completion on sets that get retired. End rant.

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Most people don't retire a set unless they sell it.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Most people don't retire a set unless they sell it.

Nick >>

exactly, that's what I was doing.

• << <i>So, I've recently started to piece out a Set Registry, thinking I might as well retire it I re-enter all the cert #'s after deleting them, my set was 60% and ranked #2 on a pretty tough set. Since there was three other all time finest sets with less completion I didn't think there would be a problem. I click retire set and inventory and poof... everything is gone, not showing on the all-time finest, wasted evening for me working on it. I now realize that sets must be 90% to show on the all time finest but why would PSA list sets that are at 10% just because they are active? ...to make people who are actively doing the set feel good by making them think (pretending) they have a high standing on a 'all-time set'??? Bottom line, if they are going to be listing 10% completion on active sets in the 'all time finest' list, they should include 60% completion on sets that get retired. End rant. >>

Don't feel bad--I had a set at 86% that I parted out. Gone for good from the All time registry.

What gets me is the 10% active sets. Once you get over 10%, that set stays active until the owner removes it. Under 10% it gets bumped out after a year of inactivity...
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is the 10% active sets. Once you get over 10%, that set stays active until the owner removes it. Under 10% it gets bumped out after a year of inactivity...

image This percentage needs to be raised to a much higher level.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Why is it important to keep a set on the Registry that you no longer own?

As for sets that aren't regularly being updated, those collectors who aren't focused on one or a few sets may have lots of partial sets that will eventually be added to - these listings usually are near the bottom of the Registry for a set and shouldn't get in anyone else's way.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it important to keep a set on the Registry that you no longer own?

As for sets that aren't regularly being updated, those collectors who aren't focused on one or a few sets may have lots of partial sets that will eventually be added to - these listings usually are near the bottom of the Registry for a set and shouldn't get in anyone else's way.

Nick >>

Nick, it's just a neat option the Registry offers, and many people want see how their set measures up to the 'all-timers', you don't have to like it for other to enjoy it.