Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Pay it forward giveaway... Who had it last?

Just wondered what the status of it was... sure would like to get it back around here... interested in seeing what's in it now..

Comments

• Last I knew AskRaq had it. I too would like to see what is in it now. A great concept for a giveaway. I hope it continues and doesn't just die off.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Well whoever had it I hope thy see this and "pay it forward"
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Why 'pay it forward giveaway'? Isn't that an oxymoron? Giveaways should never be obligatory. Maybe that is the reason it stopped. JMO
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    The idea of the giveaway was to keep it going around to people in the forum.. you take what you like or want from the lot and then add to it and send it forward... so... not an oxymoron....
    A giveaway should NOT be OBLIGATORY! Enough said. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    Then don't participate (it was an understanding that it would continue forward).... by the way.. are you the one with the box of coins? It would figure that we would have one greedy person in the lot... I figure that whoever has it is like me and has simply forgotten or been busy... Note to all, Trozau isn't part of this one...

<< <i>Then don't participate (it was an understanding that it would continue forward).... by the way.. are you the one with the box of coins? It would figure that we would have one greedy person in the lot... I figure that whoever has it is like me and has simply forgotten or been busy... Note to all, Trozau isn't part of this one... >>

The "search" function is your friend. If you really want to know...

Cheers!
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    I used the search function, thank you much... I see where Spoon won it last... I wasn't sure if he labeled his giveaway with different words than what I was searching for. Simply asking was the easiest and most efficient way of finding out... You have a Happy Thanksgiving....
    The funny part of it is... I still have a box sitting here on my desk that I need to mail to Spoon from a giveaway they won from me... I just beat LordM's record!!
  • I think technically this is isn't a give away but something more along the line of a tag or "lot swap." Just my $.02
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have spoon's new address? I know he isn't in Adams, NY anymore. I think Seattle?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    That's right... he was moving ... I do have his new addy.. I'll send him this lot of coins I owe him for a giveaway with a note to send the "pay it forward" to the next person! Probably forgotten all about it , like most of us do!!
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm next in line... but I don't have the box!

AskRaq went yeti shortly after the giveaway. As I recall, she was about to visit her daughter graduating from boot camp and had a lot else on her plate too, so I'm sure it's understandable. I've been yeti myself lately, just finished another move (just local, from an apt to house - PM on its way Todd!) but should be more active here now.

I'll send Raquel a PM checking on things - maybe someone else can drop her a note if anyone has her actual email address?

So... whaddya say we give it another week or so. If Raq's still lost in the yeti hinterland I'll just go ahead and restart the giveaway fresh with my own loot. image
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    BTW, Todd, don't feel bad... I think I actually hold the record for longest undelivered giveaway. Nick/Shipcoin won two Nova Scotia tokens from me in November 2004, still not sent. I disappeared, come back, he disappeared, rinse and repeat... haven't seen him around in a long time and I'm afraid I may have sold the coins in the meantime! image I'll have to come up with something extra special if he ever pops in again! (probably something with a ship image
    Well if he never retrns I'll be glad to take the NS tokens off your hands!!! Have a great Holiday Season!
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oops started another thread on this too soon to be deleted.
    And from the way i understood it, take something(s) you liked replace with something different with egual or greater value
    and then Pass it on.