Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Couple of pictures taken by bluccphotos

I had a few pictures taken at the Santa Clara coin show by bluccphotos and was very much impressed by the results. I never knew they took so many pictures of the same coin and was interesting to watch the process. I will recommend his services to everyone. I only found time to edit one copper and select one silver as representatives.

Comments

• JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

A little Color Balancing in Photoshop:

• zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Very nice images! Blu62vette does nice work!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat that you got to see him in action.

He's the one that just did my daughter's 1901 Victorian set for me.

Handsome coins. I like the colors a little better of the unedited picture in the OP than they look after JZR's Photoshop tweak, though it looks nice either way.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Todd has a group of my coins, ot it's on the way. Great work at reasonable prices, can't beat that combination!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got some more Victoria newps on the way off to him as soon as they arrive here.

PS- One of them strongly resembles your avatar coin, Vikram. The one I got from you, in fact. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    I managed to edit one more-->

• In this image, the wine bottle shaped die chip can be seen more clearly on the obverse. : )

I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of 18th Century Conder Tokens, the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Todd is the best!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    That 1918 Rupee is gorgeous!
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

No disrespect to the colorful rupee, but a ~180 year old copper coin with such colours doesn't show up often! image

What's the grade of this quarter anna?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Be careful of pushing the photoshop adjustments too far. Some of the pictures above have that "juiced" look about them, as if the contrast and/or hue were pushed just a bit too far after the fact.
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭

<< <i>Be careful of pushing the photoshop adjustments too far. Some of the pictures above have that "juiced" look about them, as if the contrast and/or hue were pushed just a bit too far after the fact. >>

I'm going to agree with you on this one..
  • koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No disrespect to the colorful rupee, but a ~180 year old copper coin with such colours doesn't show up often! image

What's the grade of this quarter anna? >>

Thanks Dimitri. ANACS graded this coin only at MS62BN but I don't care and it is my favorite copper. This was graded @6 years back and is in the older holder which made photographing the coin easier. There were a couple of very nicely toned proof coppers in NGC plastic which Todd could not capture and photographing them raw might be the only choice.