Options

Trade

Thanks.

Rick

<html />

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those 15-cent pieces. When I was a kid in 1974-75, we lived aboard a trimaran sailboat in the Bahamas , island-hopping and living like gypsies. I remember spending those. Ten cents (the scalloped coins with the bonefish on the reverse) would buy a comic book.

Looks kind of weird in a slab with a round insert, though. But I guess they gotta do it that way.

Thought I had an extra ASE in the drawer, but I don't see it now. Otherwise I'd have been tempted on one of those.

If it's just US bullion you're after, I would trade a well-worn 1890-O Morgan dollar probably (Fair to AG) and a slider UNC 1964 Kennedy half that looks UNC, and maybe one or two other small things, for one of those coins.

Of course if you're after Silver Eagles specifically, I'll just have to find mine. It's an UNC, 2008, I think. I won it in a giveaway so I wouldn't mind swapping it.

Is it coincidence that all three are dated 1975, or are you breaking up a birthyear collection or something? One of my sisters was born in 1975, and conceived in the Bahamas on that sailboat, and I didn't get her a birthday present this year, so... hmm.

(Sorry so chatty.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.