Home Precious Metals
Options

Euro/dollar @ $1.50 and the UDX is @ .75. The lines in the sand

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just about there and has been unable to break through for quite awhile now . It's been like a rock for triggering dollar buying and equity and gold selling. Worth watching if your trading or looking for entries or exits. But, somehow this feels different.....Volume is pathetic and it seems like a traders only market 95% of the time. MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just about there and has been unable to break through for quite awhile now . It's been like a rock for triggering dollar buying and equity and gold selling. Worth watching if your trading or looking for entries or exits. But, somehow this feels different.....Volume is pathetic and it seems like a traders only market 95% of the time. MJ >>

Yes, this is the line in the sand for both equities and the dollar. The current, direct relationship of the two is troubling. Even small regional banks and commercial real estate is on the verge of breaking out to the upside. I dont "sense" any individuals in the stock markets. Everything is completely computer driven. There is not a single human--figuratively speaking--making a buy/sell decision.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    add S&P 1100-1100 to make it a trilogy of terror line in the sand............MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what does all this mean to the layman?
  • Options
    Jesse- I wouldn't sweat it BUT since you asked : )

These numbers represent resistance or support. In the dollars case it found support at .75 and the S&P and the Euro found resistance at the levels I mentioned. Since gold trades in tandem it pulled back some when all these held or couldn't break through. The levels I refer to have defined trendlines. See below . MJ

start here
  • Options
    Euro peeking through 1.50 therefore stretching the UDX past .75.........low volume move but could still be catalyst for a nice metals day as well as winner for stocks......and my second favorite currency...........................The Australian dollar was in focus Wednesday after Ric Battellino, the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia said the economy had entered a "new upswing" and that growth would continue for a "few more years yet."

The Australian dollar was up 0.9 percent at $0.9274 in the wake of his remarks.

MJ
  • Options
    VIX is nearing 20 and the S & P is almost at 1110. Both are at key support/resistance levels. MJ
  • Options
    USD/CHF at par.

Short EUR might be nice speculative trade.
    -Lausanne, Switzerland