Home Sports Talk
Options

spurs EPL

What about them Spurs! 9 goals

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Pretty darn impressive. It's not like Wigan is a bottom of the table club either (although not at the top). The beat Chelsea this year.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Man, I think I briefly had Defoe in my fantasy league, but am afraid to look at my past transfers. Five goals in the second half is sick, amd I'm not even sure how to translate 9 goals to American. A NFL team with 80? Thirty in baseball?

The superior North London club did not fare as well. They need the horse placenta to work its magic on RvP. I knew Sunderland away would be tough, but totally uninspired effort from the Gunners.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    No one should be hating on Sunderland. Other than Burnley, no one has overachieved more than Sunderland. Even the top 4 clubs have a tough time on the road in the loaded EPL. Look at Chelsea at Wigan, Man United at Burnley and now Arsenal at Sunderland. Frankly, it's what makes EPL better than La Liga and Serie A. Real Madrid/Barcelona or ACM/Juve are not going to lose a lot of games to bottom of the table teams in those leagues - even on the road.

The real interesting team right now is Liverpool. They're looking at an uphill climb back to the Champions League 2010-2011...not to mention being almost eliminated before the knockout stage this year.

I am definitely a Chelsea fan. I have to say that before I make this statement...but they are playing the best in the world at the moment. I'll admit not paying much attention to Bundesliga, but I have an eye on Spain/Italy and follow England very closely. Now, if only they could close the deal in the CL this year. Last year's semifinal exit was one of the toughest losses (ties) that I ever had to endure.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I know it's early, but I think everybody's playing for second in the EPL. The ANC will be tough on Chelsea, but I can't see anybody beating them in England, at least.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I know it's early, but I think everybody's playing for second in the EPL. The ANC will be tough on Chelsea, but I can't see anybody beating them in England, at least. >>

I know, we lose Drogba, Essien (2 regular starters) plus Obi. It's really going to stink. Lampard's injury is no cakewalk either. This upcoming trip to the Emirates isn't going to be pleasant, plus they travel to City in 3 weeks. But Blackburn, Pompey and the Hammers should be wins (I would hope). If they could sneak out draws with Arsenal and City with Lampard out, I'd call that a blessing. Their spot in the CL knockout round is secure. My only fear is that they rest al their guys and get knocked out of the League cup by that Blackburn team when playing all the kids.

When does the FA Cup bring in the EPL sides, round 5? I can never remember.