Home Precious Metals
Options

'stralyun Kangaroo at Sunset

Anyone else like these?

I really do not like most modern designs but I find this one to be really pleasing and "modern" ...in a good way. image

They sure are not making many.

Comments

• Options
    I've been watching them on Ebay. Have you ever seen the prices on the gold ones?
  • Options
    sadly yes and I didn't get in when they were reasonable.

It's moon money now.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I like theseimage

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

Is that one from the Perth mint or the RAM?
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That silver one is awesome!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    WOW! I like that! I'm going to have to find one of those.

I searched Ebay and they are quite spendy.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I called peter strich in Melbourne Austrailia to see if he had any, and he did not. He did have two of the gold Kangaroo at sunset for 1100 and 1400 austrailian dollars. I think they are only 1/6 of an ounce of gold quite pricey.
  • Options
    WOW the silver one is really cool! Never saw it before...... now need to get a roll!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options

<< <i>I called peter strich in Melbourne Austrailia to see if he had any, and he did not. He did have two of the gold Kangaroo at sunset for 1100 and 1400 austrailian dollars. I think they are only 1/6 of an ounce of gold quite pricey. >>

mmm yea... I think that's a bit steep for me and what it is, though it is a beauty. Gold is better for the artistic concept of the desert sunset too.

Downie's still has some silver proofs. You'll have to look around. I see some guy from Poland is selling them on ebay but the package is not the same as the ones from Australia. I'm not sure what to think about that.

I got a proof and a BU one the way!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that design, but is that the 2010 design, not 2009. According to Apmex, this one is the 2009. I collect these, but passed on this one due to sheer ugliness.

Text
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I just have the baby version...

Becky
  • Options
    I like that design, but is that the 2010 design, not 2009. According to Apmex, this one is the 2009. I collect these, but passed on this one due to sheer ugliness.

you're wrong. different series
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like that design, but is that the 2010 design, not 2009. According to Apmex, this one is the 2009. I collect these, but passed on this one due to sheer ugliness.

you're wrong. different series >>

I think I get it now, that isn't from their Kangaroo series, its their regular bullion coin, like our silver eagles.
    That was confusing. image
  • Options
    you're right and wrong. It isn't from their Kangaroo series but the Kangaroo series is as close as they get to a Kangaroo bullion coin (and they don't trade as bullion) the coin in this thread is from their Kangaroo at Sunset series (I think they made it for more than one year but could be wrong). The closest the Aussies get to a bullion coin are the Kookaburra or Koala.
  • Options
    Is my 1oz. gold coin bullion?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Is my 1oz. gold coin bullion?

Take it to your local coin shop and see. The Kangaroo $'s sell for $35 to $40 on ebay and I am fairly certain coin shops will call them bullion. They're about 50 bucks ea to buy them from the RAM.
  • Options
    It's .9999 Au I recon she's worth at lest spot gold.image
    Avid collector of GSA's.