Home Precious Metals
Options

The perils of selling a non-encapsulated UHR other than in person

It would seem prety easy for an unscrupulous buyer to

<< <i>claim >>

the coin was not enclosed. Has anyone heard of such claims via eBay or other auction/mail order venues?

Comments

• Options
    I posted this on the coin forum... my son sold a high end collectible several months ago via ebay and the buyer claimed the package was damaged and empty.

it took a few weeks but UPS confirmed the package was delivered without damage, and the item was packaged at a UPS store and they confirmed it was inside, and there was even security video of it going into the package.

the buyer, when presented with the evidence by UPS (not ebay and not paypal) dropped his claim, and paypal money was released to my son.

but a few weeks later the buyer then said that the bank transfer to paypal was not authorized. at this point paypal said it was "their" problem and not my son's.

so watch out... lots of crooks out there who will try anything.
  • Options
    Its these kinds of reports that keep me away from buying or selling on E Bay! E Bay seems like a good idea but in my opinion its not worth the hassles!. I would much rather meet the seller in person hold the item in my hand and place the cash in the hands of the seller!.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't know UPS stores offered that kind of service!
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)