Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats to Wayne !

Wayne has reached 90% + on his 65 set.
An amazing accomplishment inside of 20 months! Congrats Wayne....
Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Great job Wayne!!!

Don't forget your 5 free gradings!!!

Carlos
  • Options
    Thanks guys - 48 more to go.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Wayne,

I'm at about the same to complete my 72 set. I figure that it'll take the same amount of time to find these as it did for the rest of the set. Good luck man and great job!!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Congratulations.

As a friend of mine who is at 94% said, "Now comes the hard part"

Good luck with the rest.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Wayne, you are awesome. WOW! That is my favorite set.
    When I was 9 years old... I used to go door to door in our apartment complex asking the college and graduate students if I could have the baseball cards they collected when they were a kid.
    One time... I lucked out... A Cornell Law Student told me to come back in about a week and he'd give me a great big box.
    One week later, he gave me a tremendous box with about 800 cards from 1965 Topps baseball, 500 1967 topps baseball and roughly 200 1966 and 1967 Philadelphia Football cards!!!
    He took out all of the Yankees and gave me everything else. I had tons of Mays, Rose, Clemente, Koufax and other Hofer's. Not to mention, a few 1967 Brooks Robinson high #'s...
    I remember that the cards were crisp and looked as nice as the ones I was getting out of packs in those days.
    I had no idea what I had or the value. It was 1979.
    Most of the cards were traded away or stolen throughout the years~
    Kudos to you at 90%!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Nice job Wayne. Now comes the "fun" part.
  • Options
    Excellent job Wayne. When you get to 100% I'll give you the full gemmint kudos. image
  • Options
    Nice Wayne!

As I inch my way up the 69Topps Completion Percentage ladder I llok forward to the day when I will be in the 90%+ category.

Great set!

Regards
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Thanks again everybody. I will probably have a whole new appreciation for skylaneflyer over the next few months as I try and secure the remaining cards.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    Congratulations Wayne... truly a daunting task..... Good luck on the last 10%... I'm sure it will present a whole new set of challenges...
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wayne, I'm at 35% - you are a true pioneer in the '65 field. I look foward to the day when we can battle for that elusive Bob Lee image...jay
  • Options
    Congratulations Wayne!

The 1965 Topps set has wonderful appeal. 90%+ is quite an accomplishment, especially in under 2 years. The great part is that now you can focus on just upgrading if you want which will be just as enjoyable. Good Luck.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.